Zion Lutheran School
- Zion is an accredited program with an outstanding reputation for academics, community and service in your San Francisco community. The individual attention and limited class size, combined with the certified and experienced faculty members, shape the learning environment for your child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,250|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance is available.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Lum|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Fencing, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Chess, Engineering for Kids, Mad Science, Mandarin Chinese Class, Math Counts, Pre-engineering with Legos, Student Council, Tech Club/Robotics, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Handbell Choir, Music lessons, Spring Musical: on-stage & back-stage
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Volleyball
- Zion Lutheran School, kindergarten through eighth grade in an academically oriented, caring, Christian setting.
- At Zion Lutheran School, we work to develop each student individually so that they can become an active Christian; an academically proficient learner; a culturally empowered young person; and a healthy individual.
- Zion maintains a strong emphasis on exceptional academics in all foundational curriculum. This foundation is supplemented with many other classroom programs, such as: 6-8 Spanish, K-8 computer education, and high school level advanced math for those eligible.
- Zion also offers many programs that work together with classroom instruction to complete the education of the whole child. These programs include: extensive after-school programs, interscholastic athletic programs, academic competitions and tournaments, musical education and performances, an annual spring musical, grades 4-8 Outdoor Education, and more.
- Please contact Mary Lum, Admissions Director, for more information and for the opportunity to come meet our faculty and staff! 415-221-7500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 382 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)861-5432 2.5 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
Main: 150 Oak Street; Pre-K campus: 42/52 Waller St., Middle School Campus, 888 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)865-6084 2.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415)731-4077 2.3 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.