Grades: K-12 | 28 students
Boys and girls are in separate classes and dorms. Here, they are reviewing multinomial expressions (something like that).
- Agap¨¦ Corner is a Christian boarding school located in the heart of downtown Durham, North Carolina, that serves a diverse multi-ethnic student body.
- Founded initially in 1981 as a state-supported day care center, our ministry has since grown into an independent K-12 school,which accepts students ages 4-12 years old.
- Some students come to our school for a short period of time, while others stay for years.
- Our work is funded by the generosity of private donors so that we can offer housing and schooling at no cost to the families we serve.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Louise Roudebush|
- In our 24th year, Agape' Corner Boarding School provides at-risk children with a solid K-12 education within a Christian, family-like environment. Completely tuition and fee free. Our staff and volunteers are a diverse group of dedicated Christians, coming from a wide variety of denominations, races, ages, and countries. Our core values include unconditional love, submission to God, deep connections to others, perseverance in service, and thankfulness for Godâ€™s provision. Located in Durham, NC, we are a non-profit, 501(C)3 organization.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HillsboroughGrades: K-4 | 21 students
PO Box 910
Hillsborough, NC 27278
RaleighGrades: 9-12 | 260 students
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
DurhamGrades: K-12 | 121 students
809 Proctor St
Durham, NC 27707
DurhamGrades: NS-6 | 152 students
2800 Pickett Road
Durham, NC 27705
DurhamGrades: PK-9 | 20 students
514 North Mangum Street
Durham, NC 27701
I am actually not a parent of a child in this school but I would like to say that I have been acquainted with some of the children and one main teacher. I have to say that I was amazed at the warm nature of the male teacher and genuine fatherly instruction. One of the most godly men I think I''ve had the pleasure of meeting. The children were amazingly well behaved. The way he cares for those children and directs them in life is a gift from God. This school is a blessing from God and a true diamond in the rough.
- Posted by Parent - Ashle
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.