- Al-amal School is an accredited non-profit organization. Al-amal School is the only full-time Islamic school in Minnesota with Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Al-amal School offers qualified and committed teachers and low student-to-teacher ratio to provide a quality education to student and personal interaction with every child.
- We have high commitment to academic excellence.
- An academic curriculum designed to exceed all state standards for Preschool and grades K through 12.
- We also provide a well-rounded program including physical, intellectual, and artistic stimulation. Al-Amal School was established in 1994, and holds accreditations with AdvancED, NAEYC, and CISNA. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP Human Geography, AP World Geography, Mishkah University Islamic Studies (high School)|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Islamically appropriate dress )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Adopt-a-Highway Program, Athletics, Book Clubs, Math Club, Math Counts, National Honor Society, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Athletics, Book Clubs, Math Club, Math Counts, Robotics Club, Yearbook, Adopt-a-Highway Program,
National Honor Society,
- Al-Amal School is a private college preparatory school with approximately 400 students and 50 teachers, support staff, and administration.
- Al-Amal School Mission Statement:
- Al-Amal School is a full-time, accredited school established for the sake of Allah (swt) to help Muslim families by providing an Islamic educational environment. This educational choice strives to provide the highest academic standards in all subjects with a special focus on the Qur'an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saw). Al-Amal School's mission is to produce a generation of Muslims who:
- *Have a solid understanding of Tawheed (oneness of the Creator),
- *Have a strong Islamic moral character,
- *Have leadership skills superceded by Taqwa (piety)
- *Have a strong sense of responsibility and realize that Islam is the only solution,
- *Interact with community and global issues with an Islamic frame of mind, and
- *Are academically equipped to succeed and excel in an increasingly competitive and challenging world.
This is one of the best Islamic schools in the nation. The teachers and administrators are caring and provide a wholesome environment for students to thrive and excel.
- Posted by Parent - zsidd