Top Minnesota Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 633 top private schools in Minnesota, serving 95,308 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,301 for elementary schools and $10,861 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 16% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
St. Croix Lutheran Academy Photo - 500 total students attend SCL including American students and 120 students from over 15 different countries.
Mounds Park Academy Photo - Mounds Park Academy is a PreK-12 independent private school on 32 acres in Saint Paul, Minnesota that has offered a rigorous, college-preparatory experience since 1982. Here, students gain deep, comprehensive content knowledge to prepare them to forever dream big and do right.
Brightmont Academy - Apple Valley Photo - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
St Croix Catholic School Photo - Come visit us and experience the opportunities that await each child and truly each family!
White Bear Montessori Photo - Children in the Toddler Community are encouraged to grow and learn through many practical life activities such as caring for the environment (sweeping, dusting, washing, polishing, watering plants, raking leaves, shoveling snow), caring for self (toileting, washing hands, dressing, preparing food) and taking care of others (grace and courtesy).
Top Minnesota Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 31 Schools4,346 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools141 Students5% Minority
- 5 Schools471 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools363 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools21 Students- Minority
- 9 Schools1,353 Students5% Minority
- 6 Schools1,418 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools163 Students13% Minority
- 19 Schools3,414 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools78 Students57% Minority
- 2 Schools122 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools698 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools118 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools524 Students7% Minority
- 53 Schools6,313 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools24 Students58% Minority
- 4 Schools470 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools38 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students20% Minority
- 5 Schools245 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 141 Schools29,473 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools404 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools5 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools58 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools219 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools117 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools596 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools58 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools323 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools219 Students4% Minority
- 5 Schools532 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students35% Minority
- - Schools- Students- Minority
- 5 Schools495 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools724 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools91 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools267 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools509 Students1% Minority
- 6 Schools678 Students24% Minority
- 2 Schools65 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools360 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools210 Students35% Minority
- 22 Schools3,677 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools677 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools152 Students23% Minority
- 2 Schools116 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools342 Students4% Minority
- 5 Schools669 Students7% Minority
- 70 Schools14,456 Students24% Minority
- 4 Schools365 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools242 Students4% Minority
- 10 Schools1,721 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools43 Students30% Minority
- 1 Schools22 Students- Minority
- 11 Schools1,663 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools2,543 Students11% Minority
- 7 Schools677 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools212 Students8% Minority
- 26 Schools4,052 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools517 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools97 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools195 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools220 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools92 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools294 Students7% Minority
- 28 Schools3,499 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools98 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools164 Students5% Minority
- 11 Schools1,923 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools1,032 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students- Minority
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.