St. Croix Lutheran Academy
5.00 (1 review)
St. Croix Lutheran Academy Photo #2 - SCL educates the "total student" with over 50 sports, fine arts programs, or other teams in which students participate outside of the school hours.
- Since 1958, SCL has been preparing young people to be successful citizens in an ever-changing world.
- As a Christian school, SCL takes great care in providing a Christ-centered, Bible-based education in a supportive community where students can grow spiritually, intellectually, and physically.
- St. Croix Lutheran Academy is a global leader in Christian education, welcoming students in grades 6-12 from all backgrounds since 1958.
- The culturally-diverse community includes students from the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area, across the United States, and to date, from over 40 countries across five continents. Located on 30 acres overlooking Thompson Lake, the campus supports the mission of educating the total student spiritually, intellectually and physically. Here students will be part of a caring, supportive community where they will make new friends and discover their potential.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 2, AP Physics I, AP Psychology, AP U.S. History, STEM Capstone, STEM Computer Science, STEM Intro to Engineering, STEM Principles of Engineering|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Variable rate with payment options based on financial need.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Hannah Schmiege|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Kathy Metcalf|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Childrens Theatre, Drama Club, Future Business Leaders of America, International Mentor Club, Math Competitors, National Honor Society, Oakdale Jazz, One Act Play, Peer Helpers, Peer Leadership, Speech Team, Student Government, United Nations Forum, Video Editing, Worship Band, Youth in Government|
Club or Organization:
New Friends, Robotics Team
- Middle School (gr. 6-8) and High School
- Culterally Diverse, Christian Family Community
- Experiential and College Prep Curriculums
- Championship Co-Curriculars (over 50 opportunities)
- Lakeside Dormitory for 150 Students (within walking distance of over 50 shops and restaurants)
- A Place to Discover Lifelong Friends
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 246 students
2400 Dale Street N
Saint Paul, MN 55113
(651)484-8429 7.6 9-12
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651)690-2443 4.3 9-12
- Saint Paul Grades: NS-8 | 153 students
115 Crusader Ave W
Saint Paul, MN 55118
(651)451-3832 1.7 NS-8
St. Croix Lutheran is a terrific school with dedicated faculty, terrific academic and extracurricular programs, and first rate facilities. We couldn't be more please with the education our cildren are recieving and and the atmosphere at St. Croix Lutheran.
- Posted by Parent - karl
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.