Mounds Park Academy
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 579 students
- Yearly Tuition: $34,000
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Mounds Park Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
uniforms in Lower School, dress code in Middle and Upper Schools
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Cum Laude Society, Debate Team, Diversity Club, Environmental Club, Fiber Friends, French Club, Gay/Straght Alliance, Habitat for Humanity, Karate, Knitting Club, Lego League, Mad Science, Magic The Gathering Club, Maker Mondays, Math Bee, Math Counts, Middle School Dances, Middle School Play, Panther Club, Peer Leaders, Quiz Bowl, Racial Justice and Equity Club, Robotics Team, Science Club, Social Consciousness Club, Spanish Club, Speech Team, Spelling Bee, Student Council, Tutors Guild, World Language Contests
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, International Thespian Club, Orchestra, Piano Lessons, Spring Musical, String Lessons, Theatre Club, Winter Show, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
LS/MS Swim Club, Sailing Club, Snowboarding Club
- Educational journeys only happen once. The challenge parents face is making sure their children are on the right path, one that guides them in the best direction and allows them to follow their successes-and find lessons in failure. At Mounds Park Academy, we believe that the best educational path is one that instills passion for knowledge and equips children to improve our world.
- Originals in the Making: At MPA, we embrace every child. We celebrate differences and guide children on journeys to discover who they are truly meant to be. Academics are central, but there`s much more to an MPA education. Athletics, fine arts, and extracurricular activities-children pursue it all here, discovering their own unique amazing.
- Academically Challenged & Internally Motivated: MPA offers a rigorous education with purpose in a creative, hands-on, engaging environment that ensures students find joy in learning. Far more meaningful than memorization, children gain deep understanding and the ability to apply their knowledge across multiple disciplines in innovative ways.
- Confident Freethinkers: Children have opinions, emotions, and ideas. At MPA, we encourage free expression. In fact, we expect it. Respectful discourse and critical thinking prepare young minds for college, careers, and life. When children gain the confidence and courage to challenge status quo, they become equipped to make a positive impact on our world.
- Valued Members of a Caring Community: MPA is a welcoming community built on shared values. Small classes and a connected community create the best learning environment for all children. At MPA, we know and understand each child, and our teachers and students treat each other with kindness and respect.
- Dreamers & Doers: At MPA, we move, we play, we dream, we do. We embrace wonder and creativity. We roll up our sleeves and get dirty. MPA students venture outside, around the corner, and across the world, to explore real-world topics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mounds Park Academy cost?
Mounds Park Academy's tuition is approximately $34,000 for private students.
What sports does Mounds Park Academy offer?
Mounds Park Academy offers 18 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Nordic Skiing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Mounds Park Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for most sports offered.
What is Mounds Park Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Mounds Park Academy?
The application deadline for Mounds Park Academy is Feb. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Mounds Park Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards