The Blake School
- A private, co-educational school for Pre-K through eighth grade. The Blake School is a place where children will develop a love for learning that last a lifetime.
- The Montessori environment and philosophy of education create the foundation for a happy, capable and successful child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on grade level|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||basketball, bowling, Dance, flag football, Garden Club, kick ball, soccer, writing club basketball, bowling, Dance, flag football, Garden Club, kick ball, soccer, writing club,|
- The Blake School is a unique institution where over the last forty years, traditional Montessori methods have been combined with the latest educational technology tools to create a hybrid learning environment that prepares your child for the technology-driven future. Additionally, our low student-teacher ratio allows us to know every student at our school and their parents by name. We believe in educating the whole child and view the freedom to develop without boundaries to be one of the greatest advantages of the Montessori system. By focusing on the academic, social and moral development of the child using an un-paralleled education-delivery model, The Blake School has become the hidden treasure among South Florida's private schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: NS-12 | 896 students
5601 N Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 294 students
3275 West Oakland Park Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-9 | 251 students
10900 W Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33351
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 1818 students
2401 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-8 | 516 students
4645 N State Road 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.