Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 811 students
- Yearly Tuition: $18,995
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Providence Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Aviation Club, Book Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Drama/Theater, First Robotics, House System, Lions for Life, Math League, Medical Club, National Honors Society, Peer Tutoring, Poetry Club, Quiz Bowl Tream, Sailing Club, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Ski/Snowboard Club, Speech/Debate, Spirit Squad (Cheer), Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Theater Council and Drama Club, Writing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- "I loved my time at Providence Academy, but I didn't realize how unique the school is until after I graduated...I found that I was more secure in my faith than the majority of my friends who went to other parochial schools, I was more prepared for the academic rigor of college than most of my friends who went to prestigious preparatory schools, and I was more able to make sound decisions and more capable of living on my own than nearly every one of my peers. I could not be more grateful for Providence's dedication to `Faith, Knowledge, and Virtue,` as the commitment not only to academic development, but spiritual and moral development as well, truly prepared me for the world outside our beautiful yellow halls". a Providence graduateProvidence Academy seeks to enroll a student body that is:Committed to learningOf strong moral characterMulti-talented with a variety of interestsEnthusiastic about a faith-centered communityInterested in developing themselves to the fullest in faith, knowledge, and virtueTo be successful in the college-prep rigor at Providence Academy, admissions standards require students to have a transcript or report card showing academics at grade level or above. Students are expected to have a history of positive behavior. Siblings of current students are given priority placement if applications are received by the first round deadline in mid-January.Admission CriteriaThe Admissions Committee takes the following into consideration when evaluating students for admission*: aptitudeacademic achievement and readinessemotional and social developmentmotivationinterests, talents and extra-curricular activities and achievementscooperation from the family in helping the school meet the needs of the studentability of the school to meet the needs of the studentcommitment of the student and the family to Christian education and formation*Pre-Kindergarten students must have reached the age four by September 1 of the year of enrollment.An applicant`s admissions file must have the following items to be considered complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee: Parent and student application with $100 application fee (waived for online applications)Transcript or report cards from the last two years**Teacher recommendation/s** (one from a current teacher for grades Pre-K -5th; one from a Math plus one from an English teacher for grades 6 and above)Parent and student interviewAssessment/Entrance exam (Providence Academy assessment for grades Pre-K-5th; ISEE testing for grades 6 and above)To apply for admission, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Providence Academy cost?
Providence Academy's tuition is approximately $18,995 for private students.
Does Providence Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Providence Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Providence Academy offer?
Providence Academy offers 16 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Providence Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for most sports offered.
What is Providence Academy's ranking?
Providence Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for: Highest average ACT score, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Providence Academy?
The application deadline for Providence Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Providence Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards