5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (763) 258-2502
Providence Academy Photo #2 - Students viewing one of the many artifacts in the Antiquities Gallery in the central part of the school for all grade levels and visitors to see.
Providence Academy Photo #3 - Giving back to the community, starting with our students helping each other; the beauty of being a Pre-K thru 12 school on one campus.
Providence Academy Photo #4 - Middle School students worshiping at weekly mass in the school's chapel.
Providence Academy Photo #6 - Providence students adorn the walkway every year on 9/11 with a flag for every life lost on this tragic day in 2001. Students line the walkway with their right hand over their chest as the local firefighters and police officers process through the property. This is done in remembrance of the lives lost on 9/11 and to celebrate First Responders.
Providence Academy Photo #7 - One of the 25 athletic teams that Providence Academy has to offer. These are in addition to the various clubs, such as ski and snowboard, aviation and medical, Quiz Bowl, poetry club and many more.
Providence Academy Photo #9 - Choir and practice in preparation for a performance in the Performing Arts Center.
Providence Academy is a private, co-educational, Catholic college-preparatory school located at 15100 Schmidt Lake Road in Plymouth, a western suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Three schools under one roof. Providence Academy serves Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade with its lower school, sixth through eighth grade with its middle school and ninth through twelfth grade with its high school or upper school.
College-preparatory academics are combined with faith and character development to prepare students' minds and spirits for life outside the classroom.
The words, "faith, knowledge and virtue", best express the mission and philosophy of Providence Academy.
Providence Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Various depends on the activity.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||811 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Biology, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Physics, Calculus II, College Latin Poetry, College Latin Prose, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors English, Honors Fine Arts, Honors Geometry and Trigonometry, Honors History, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Religion|
|Average SAT score||1207|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,495|
|Tuition Notes||2019-2020 Tuition: PreK: $8,250 half day ($10,800 full day) K: $10,800 Grades 1-3: $12,950 Grades 4-5: $13,950 Grades 6-8: $14,495 Grades 9-12: $16,495|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Debra Spears|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Nathe|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Aviation Club, Bella Canta, Book Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Dead Directors Society, Drama/Theater, First Robotics, Gaming Club, House System, Lions for Life, Math League, Medical Club, National Honors Society, Peer Tutoring, Poetry Club, Quiz Bowl Tream, Sailing Club, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Ski/Snowboard Club, Speech/Debate, Spirit Squad (Cheer), Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Theater Council and Drama Club, Writing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- "I loved my time at Providence Academy, but I didn't realize how unique the school is until after I graduated...I found that I was more secure in my faith than the majority of my friends who went to other parochial schools, I was more prepared for the academic rigor of college than most of my friends who went to prestigious preparatory schools, and I was more able to make sound decisions and more capable of living on my own than nearly every one of my peers. I could not be more grateful for Providence's dedication to `Faith, Knowledge, and Virtue,` as the commitment not only to academic development, but spiritual and moral development as well, truly prepared me for the world outside our beautiful yellow halls". a Providence graduateProvidence Academy seeks to enroll a student body that is:Committed to learningOf strong moral characterMulti-talented with a variety of interestsEnthusiastic about a faith-centered communityInterested in developing themselves to the fullest in faith, knowledge, and virtueTo be successful in the college-prep rigor at Providence Academy, admissions standards require students to have a transcript or report card showing academics at grade level or above. Students are expected to have a history of positive behavior. Siblings of current students are given priority placement if applications are received by the first round deadline in mid-January.Admission CriteriaThe Admissions Committee takes the following into consideration when evaluating students for admission*: aptitudeacademic achievement and readinessemotional and social developmentmotivationinterests, talents and extra-curricular activities and achievementscooperation from the family in helping the school meet the needs of the studentability of the school to meet the needs of the studentcommitment of the student and the family to Christian education and formation*Pre-Kindergarten students must have reached the age four by September 1 of the year of enrollment.An applicant`s admissions file must have the following items to be considered complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee: Parent and student application with $100 application fee (waived for online applications)Transcript or report cards from the last two years**Teacher recommendation/s** (one from a current teacher for grades Pre-K -5th; one from a Math plus one from an English teacher for grades 6 and above)Parent and student interviewAssessment/Entrance exam (Providence Academy assessment for grades Pre-K-5th; ISEE testing for grades 6 and above)To apply for admission, click here.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eden Prairie Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
6385 Beach Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952) 918-1835 10.8 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952) 988-3420 10.1 PK-12
Truly one of the best decisions our family has ever made has been to send our children to Providence. We were seeking a safe, academic-focused, virtue-embodying school for our girls and have found that and beyond. Our girls differ in their strengths and this school has appropriately pushed them to be their best versions of themselves academically, socially and in virtue. We are so impressed at the small class sizes, real-world readiness and overall experience at this school. As a parent, we want our kids to be the very best they can be and I don't think there is another choice out there that comes at all close to what our children get at PA. The parent community is wonderful, the faculty and staff (the custodial works know our kids by name, even). We are just so impressed. Without hesitation this school gets 5 stars in every category.
- Posted by Parent - Lauren O
Providence Academy is a truly marvelous institution. While the impressive architecture and state-of-the-art facilities help make it so, it is really the extraordinary faculty that distinguish it from other schools and determine its overall excellence. To be sure, its teachers are second to none and some of the finest educators of young people I have ever known. Entrusting your sons and daughters to them is something I strongly recommend. Most are specialists in their respective fields; but notonly do they educate the mind, they also educate the human heart and help mold the character, as is immediately apparent upon meeting an alumnus or alumna. While Providence does a superb job of guiding young men and women in their individual faith journeys, religion is never forced on anyone. Indeed, its theology department, chaired by the brilliant Dr. Arthur Hippler, must surely be one of the best in the state, if not in the nation. I am also closely acquainted with many graduates of Providence Academy, and if one can judge an institution by the caliber of its products, then the school is to be commended without fear of exaggeration or overuse of the superlative.
- Posted by Teacher - Dr. Bernard Carpenter
We have had our children at PA for over 10 years and found PA because our public school was over crowded. We consider our decision to send our kids to PA the best decision we every made! The school is not easy, they push the kids in the classroom, and it's gratifying to see them rise to the challenge. At PA we lead with our faith and are proud of our traditional values of faith, knowledge and virtue. As our societies morals crumble around us, PA is safe harbor for our children. PA students are smart, filled with faith, focused on helping others and driven to succeed. The facilities are second to none! The school just completed a new athletic field that is nicer than many colleges, and the crown jewel, the new 700 seat performing arts center, which is so over the top beautiful that I pinch myself every time I step foot in the building. It's hard to overstate what an amazing school it is! Thank you PA for helping shape our kids and watching them grow into responsible young adults!
- Posted by Parent - PAPA-Papa
Providence Academy is such an incredible place. I attended PA for my high school years and was deeply impacted by their mission of educating the "Whole Person" through faith, knowledge and virtue. Not only did I receive a top-notch, college-prep education, but I also received so many other valuable things that helped develop my character and faith. These lessons will continue to impact my daily life for many years to come. I cannot wait to send my own children to Providence someday so that they can experience the same incredible education and formation that I received while attending this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jenm3
Simply put, I could not even begin to imagine my children at any other school. It is an excellent college preparatory school with excellent teachers and many choices, beyond just sports, to fit every child. We recently moved from a town and home we loved just to be closer to Providence. We have a child in each the lower, middle and upper schools. Not only are the academics excellent, but Providence goes beyond just book teaching. It teaches the whole person. I truly believe that my children are becoming not only educated in mind, but also in body and soul by attending this school. It is so heart warming to have a school that I not only feel comfortable with, but look forward to sending my children to everyday that teaches and embodies the same values we do in our home. It is not just me and my husband, my children love this school, too. My youngest son is new this year to Providence. Last year he would regularly complain about going to school. This year not only has he not complained, but also asked if he had to miss school for a cold. When I told him no, only if he had a fever, he replied with relief, "oh good!" What a great feeling as a parent!!
- Posted by Parent - kpalo
Providence Academy has been a God send to our family. True to its mission of faith, knowledge and virtue, our children have grown tremendously at PA.
- Posted by Parent - zilly
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.