Brightmont Academy - Plymouth
5.00 (1 review)
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #2 - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #3 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #4 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #5 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #6 - For every course, the teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and schedule.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private schoolproviding one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learningpace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on aflexible schedule and start any time of year, includingsummer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring forgrades 3-12, test preparation, and college and careerassessment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt. & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jenny Sorenson|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands ofyoung people find alternative paths to becoming successfulstudents. Through our full-time private school, individual coursesfor credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needsof students with learning difficulties and those seeking greateracademic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-gradecourses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, includingmath, science, English and social studies. We also offer testpreparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college creditcourses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement isregistered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minnetonka Grades: 6-12 | 24 students
4626 Linnea Lane
Minnetonka, MN 55345
(952)938-9411 6.4 6-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 675 students
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612)798-2600 12.7 9-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 8.8 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 143 students
3350 Harbor Ln
Minneapolis, MN 55447
(763)509-9378 0.5 9-12
Our grandson, attended Saint John's Preparatory School, Collegeville, MN. In April, he was invited to study for his senior year in an exchange program at Melk Abbey, in Melk, Austria. He needed geometry in order to graduate in 2015, this class was not the math being offered at Melk. Hence began our very satisfactory involvement with Brightmont. The teachers were excellent, but Julie Ball, Plymouth Director was especially helpful, right from the beginning. She covered all aspects of what would be involved at Brightmont Academy and expectations for our grandson. Together we worked out a schedule that fit both the school's requirements and our needs. We are so pleased with the school in Plymouth, MN, and especially with Julie Ball, the school's Director.
- Posted by Parent - gooda
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.