Brightmont Academy - Plymouth
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (763) 452-4650
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #2 - "The One-to-One School. One student works with one teacher - all the time!"
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #3 - Full-time, one-to-one instruction provides the right opportunity for 6th to 12th grade students to complete coursework and build self-confidence for lifelong learning success.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #4 - Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #5 - Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for students in grades 3-12 means one experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session.
Brightmont Academy - Plymouth Photo #6 - For every course, the teacher works with one student to individualize learning pace, style, and schedule.
- Brightmont Academy is an accredited 6th-12th private schoolproviding one-to-one instruction.
- One teacher works with one student to individualize learningpace, style, and goals.
- Students can enroll in a customized academic program on aflexible schedule and start any time of year, includingsummer.
- Brightmont Academy also offers courses for credit, tutoring forgrades 3-12, test preparation, and college and careerassessment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, High-functioning Autism (such as Asperger’s syndrome), Anxiety disorders, Depression, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Memory deficits, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Oppositional defiant disorder|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Eng. Language & Comp., Eng. Literature & Comp., Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, U.S. Govt. & Politics, U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jenny Sorenson|
- Founded in 1999, Brightmont Academy has helped thousands ofyoung people find alternative paths to becoming successfulstudents. Through our full-time private school, individual coursesfor credit, and tutoring, Brightmont meets the individualized needsof students with learning difficulties and those seeking greateracademic challenges. Our curriculum includes 6th- to 12th-gradecourses and tutoring for all 3rd- to 12th-grade subjects, includingmath, science, English and social studies. We also offer testpreparation tutoring, Advanced Placement* courses, college creditcourses, and summer school opportunities. *Advanced Placement isregistered trademark of the College Board.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minnetonka Grades: 6-12 | 24 students
4626 Linnea Lane
Minnetonka, MN 55345
(952) 938-9411 6.4 6-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 665 students
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612) 798-2600 12.7 9-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952) 988-3420 8.8 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 144 students
3350 Harbor Ln
Minneapolis, MN 55447
(763) 509-9378 0.5 9-12
Our grandson, attended Saint John's Preparatory School, Collegeville, MN. In April, he was invited to study for his senior year in an exchange program at Melk Abbey, in Melk, Austria. He needed geometry in order to graduate in 2015, this class was not the math being offered at Melk. Hence began our very satisfactory involvement with Brightmont. The teachers were excellent, but Julie Ball, Plymouth Director was especially helpful, right from the beginning. She covered all aspects of what would be involved at Brightmont Academy and expectations for our grandson. Together we worked out a schedule that fit both the school's requirements and our needs. We are so pleased with the school in Plymouth, MN, and especially with Julie Ball, the school's Director.
- Posted by Parent - gooda
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.