Fourth Baptist Christian School
- Accredited by the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS). Since 1966, FBCS continues to partner with Christ-centered families to educate students in grades K4-12. Current enrollment is nealy 300 students.
- FBCS offers all day Kindergarten for 4 and 5 year olds either 3 days or 5 days per week.
- FBCS offers academic excellence in a traditional, college-prep, academic, Bible and fine arts education.
- Programs include higher math and science, foreign language, computer skills, PSEO options, choir, band, handbells, creative and industrial arts. ESL services available.
- Major Sports include soccer, volleyball, and basketball. Minor sports include track and baseball. Accredited member of MACS & AACS.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences, ESL|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Honors Bible, Physics, PSEO options|
|Average ACT score||25|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,130|
|Tuition Notes||K4 & K5 $4350/$5150 (Full-day 3 or 5 day option); Elementary (Gr. 1-6) $5150 Jr. Hi (Gr. 7-8) $5950; Sr. Hi (Gr. 9-12) $6130|
|Admissions Director||Alan Hodak|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Wickham|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
6000 Duluth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763) 546-3131 4.3 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: NS-8 | 76 students
2123 Clinton Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 872-8322 8.5 NS-8
My wife and I are both alumni as well has having sent our two children through FBCS from kindergarten to graduation. If you are looking for a solid core education (reading, writing, arithmetic), along with a solid Christian education, this is your school. Your students can have a great educational experience including sports, music and more. My daughter played volleyball from 7th grade through high school which included a trip to the MSHSL tournament one year. The facilities are excellent, the location being convenient to those in the western suburbs of Minneapolis.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - JJ
I have four children in school here, in elementary school and junior high. Wouldn't want them to go anywhere else! Love the teachers, the curriculum is challenging, and my children are developing a biblical world view. My children are involved in the sports and fine arts programs as well. Great facility, great school!
- Posted by Parent - aliso
I go to this school and love it! I play clarinet, handbells, and I sing in choir. In fourth grade you can sing in choir, and in fifth grade you can play in band and you play handchimes until seventh grade.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mjlea