Benilde-St Margaret's School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Benilde-St. Margaret's is a Catholic coeducational school, located in St. Louis Park and serving students in grades 7-12. BSM offers a challenging curriculum and a uniquely caring experience that includes faith formation, academic rigor, social responsibility and extensive extracurricular activities.
- Students have the opportunity to build a strong foundation for a successful future.
- BSM thrives in the traditions of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Christian Brothers and the Benedictines who have all shared in our history and developed our institutional character.
Benilde-St Margaret's School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors/AP Social Studies, Honors/AP English, Honors/AP Mathmatics, Honors/AP Science, Honors/AP World Language|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,990|
|Tuition Notes||Senior High tuition $14,395 Junior High tuition $12,340|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,100|
|Admissions Director||Ted Freese|
|Admissions Associate||Betsy Van Cleve|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||37 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Competitive Science, Apotheosis, Band, Bowling, Chess Club, Concert Choir, Debate, Destination ImagiNation, Drama, Eucharistic Ministers, Guatemala Mission Trip, History Club, Knight Errant Newspaper, Knightline, Knowledge Bowl, Liturgical Choir, Math League, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Orchestra, Peer Ministry, Pop Choir, Red Knight Volunteer Corps, Reviving Ophelia, Sailing Club, Ski and Snowboard Club, Speech, Student Council, World Language Honor Society, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Biomedical Club, Business Professionals of America, CER Science Club, Engineering Club, Fishing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Clay Target Team, Table Tennis
- Benilde-St. Margaret's is a dynamic Catholic learning community which partners with parents/guardians to develop the student's highest potential in mind, body, and spirit. We offer a challenging college preparatory curriculum and a uniquely caring experience that includes faith formation, academic rigor, social responsibility, and extensive extracurricular activities. We educate leaders for a global society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)381-8217 1.4 PK-12
- Hopkins Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
110 Blake Road S
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952)988-3420 3 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 2.7 PK-12
- Victoria Grades: 9-12 | 406 students
8101 Kochia Lane
Victoria, MN 55386
(952)443-4659 16.1 9-12
Awesome school - it's well worth the cost of tuition. The teachers and principal really care about each student.
- Posted by Parent - arndt
Amazing school. Really nice people and teachers. You can really connect with the teachers. They are all very friendly and you feel it is really easy to talk to them about questions.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - elket
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.