- Groves Academy is Minnesota's only independent school serving students in grades 1-12 who have strong ability and a desire to learn along with dyslexia, ADHD, or similar learning differences.
- Founded in 1972, the teachers, tutors, educational psychologists, and learning specialists at Groves Academy have helped change the lives of thousands of students.
- The curriculum at Groves Academy is presented using evidenced-based, multi-sensory methods that address students' individual needs. Students receive a balance of academic skills, particularly in reading, writing, math, and strategies for success in school along with a rich array of enrichment and extracurricular activities including drama, music, robotics, soccer, and basketball.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, LD in reading, writing, math|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,090|
|Tuition Notes||Lower School Tuition $28,480; Middle School Tuition $29,090; Upper School Tuition $29,570|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,230|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Teresa Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Marksmanship, Snowboarding, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Robotics, Ski/Snowboard Club, Yearbook Committee|
Groves Academy is a non-profit organization that transforms lives through education and is comprised of three programs:
- Our School serves students in grades 1-12 with strong ability and a desire to learn along with dyslexia, ADHD, and/or other learning differences.
- The Learning Center supports families and students in the community who do not attend our school with diagnostic testing, tutoring, summer programs, and other services for children with learning differences.
- The Institute for Professional Learning shares our proven teaching methods with other schools and teachers in the community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minnetonka Grades: K-12
3500 Williston Road
Minnetonka, MN 55345
(952)737-6900 5.9 K-12
- Eden Prairie Grades: NS-12 | 297 students
6385 Beach Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952)918-1840 6.1 NS-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)381-8217 2.2 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 284 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612)767-1502 3.5 PK-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.