The International School Of Minnesota
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #2 - We are home to a premier Early Childhood Education (ECE) program that welcomes children starting at the age of 3. We provide full-day and half-day options for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten and full-day Kindergarten.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #3 - ISM's Performing Arts department is committed to helping students discover and develop their unique abilities, to gain self-confidence and poise, to experience the joy that comes from the creative process and to create memories that will remain with them throughout their lives. ISM offers band, strings, PAC rats theater, All School Musical, Show Choir, Concert Choir and more.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #4 - Starting in Grade 9 and continuing to graduation, ISM's College Counseling Program is a highly personalized roadmap. Students are guided through self-exploration, investigation and research, the all-important application/interview process, and even transition planning for college.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #5 - Our students in grades 1 through 5 are valued as members of a culturally diverse and inclusive community and as participants in our community of learners. They enjoy a special sense of belonging that helps them move fluidly through critical periods of development, free from many of the stressors in the larger culture. ISM students grow and learn in a
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #6 - Starting in Preschool and continuing until graduation, students at the International School of Minnesota in Eden Prairie (ISM) are steeped in English, math, science, world languages and cultures, social studies, fine arts, music, and physical education. In keeping with our global orientation, our students receive daily instruction in world languages taught by native speakers.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #7 - Visual Arts is just as important as the rest of the curriculum. From general art classes to AP Studio Art, through print and paint, students can express themselves through their art.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #8 - The International School of Minnesota is located on 55 wooded, lake-front acres in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #9 - The focus of the ISM Upper School is on preparation for success in college and in life. Abstract reasoning and critical thinking skills are emphasized in all disciplines. Our classes include a broad base of traditional academic subjects and reflect the knowledge that college requires.
The International School Of Minnesota Photo #10 - At The International School of Minnesota, our students also learn from each other as part of a proprietary model called SABIS Student Life Organization (SLO). This vibrant part of ISM recognizes and develops leadership qualities of all students in the context of their individuality.SLO is so much more than a traditional "Student Council". This distinctive organization stretches across the
- The International School of Minnesota, ISM, is a private, non-sectarian, college prep school for Preschool (age 3) to Grade 12. In addition to a rigorous curriculum, students experience an international learning community where cultural diversity is embraced and celebrated. World language is taught daily by native speakers. Extended day available 7am to 6pm. Weekly swimming lessons included for Preschool to Grade 3. Rolling admissions. Come for a tour!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese Language & Culture, Computer Science A, English Language & Literature, English Literature & Composition, European History, French Language & Culture, Government & Politics (U.S.), Human Geography, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing)|
|Average SAT score||1185|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Although ISM's tuition ranges from $12,550 to $20,450, this is less than other private schools around the area. We are committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty, maintaining top notch facilities and providing a rich curriculum|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joelle Charbel|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBadminton, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math League, Model UN, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir/Show Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Swimming (Foxjets), Husky Snow Clu
- Since 1985, ISM has been committed to providing the highest quality education to all our students to help them reach their full potential and become compassionate world citizens prepared to compete in a global economy. Our students come from the local community and around the world and share a variety of interests and global perspectives. They are talented, motivated and actively involved in their school community through academics, activities, athletics, and our Student Life Organization.
- Nestled in a beautiful, wooded area in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, our 55-acre campus (and new boarding hall) provides a safe home-away-from-home where students can grow and learn. There`s a special sense of belonging at ISM that you can feel as soon as you arrive.We welcome everyone interested in our programs and community to visit our beautiful campus.
- Our admissions is non-selective and we have open enrollment so you can apply year-around!
- To schedule a visit, please call us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hopkins Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
110 Blake Road S
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952)988-3420 3.7 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)381-8217 7.9 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 1-12 | 260 students
3200 Highway 100 S
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(952)920-6377 6.1 1-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 9.2 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.