The International School Of Minnesota
We are home to a premier Early Childhood Education (ECE) program that welcomes children starting at the age of 3. We provide full-day and half-day options for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten and full-day Kindergarten.
ISM's Performing Arts department is committed to helping students discover and develop their unique abilities, to gain self-confidence and poise, to experience the joy that comes from the creative process and to create memories that will remain with them throughout their lives. ISM offers band, strings, PAC rats theater, All School Musical, Show Choir, Concert Choir and more.
Starting in Grade 9 and continuing to graduation, ISM's College Counseling Program is a highly personalized roadmap. Students are guided through self-exploration, investigation and research, the all-important application/interview process, and even transition planning for college.
Our students in grades 1 through 5 are valued as members of a culturally diverse and inclusive community and as participants in our community of learners. They enjoy a special sense of belonging that helps them move fluidly through critical periods of development, free from many of the stressors in the larger culture. ISM students grow and learn in a supportive yet academically challenging environment that establishes a basic foundation in preparation for higher learning.
Starting in Preschool and continuing until graduation, students at the International School of Minnesota in Eden Prairie (ISM) are steeped in English, math, science, world languages and cultures, social studies, fine arts, music, and physical education. In keeping with our global orientation, our students receive daily instruction in world languages taught by native speakers.
Visual Arts is just as important as the rest of the curriculum. From general art classes to AP Studio Art, through print and paint, students can express themselves through their art.
The International School of Minnesota is located on 55 wooded, lake-front acres in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The focus of the ISM Upper School is on preparation for success in college and in life. Abstract reasoning and critical thinking skills are emphasized in all disciplines. Our classes include a broad base of traditional academic subjects and reflect the knowledge that college requires.
At The International School of Minnesota, our students also learn from each other as part of a proprietary model called SABIS Student Life Organization® (SLO®). This vibrant part of ISM recognizes and develops leadership qualities of all students in the context of their individuality. SLO® is so much more than a traditional 'Student Council'. This distinctive organization stretches across the breadth of the school, through academics and activities, starting in 6th grade. There’s a place for everyone within eight different departments and each student selects where to participate.
- The International School of Minnesota, ISM, is a private, non-sectarian, college prep school for Preschool (age 3) to Grade 12. In addition to a rigorous curriculum, students experience an international learning community where cultural diversity is embraced and celebrated. World language is taught daily by native speakers. Extended day available 7am to 6pm. Weekly swimming lessons included for Preschool to Grade 3. Rolling admissions. Come for a tour!.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese Language & Culture, Computer Science A, English Language & Literature, English Literature & Composition, European History, French Language & Culture, Government & Politics (U.S.), Human Geography, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing)|
|Average SAT score||1185|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Although ISM's tuition ranges from $12,550 to $20,450, this is less than other private schools around the area. We are committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty, maintaining top notch facilities and providing a rich curriculum|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joelle Charbel|
|Admissions Associate||Hortense Dupin|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBadminton, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math League, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir/Show Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Swimming (Foxjets), Husky Snow Clu
- Since 1985, ISM has been committed to providing the highest quality education to all our students to help them reach their full potential and become compassionate world citizens prepared to compete in a global economy. Our students come from the local community and around the world and share a variety of interests and global perspectives. They are talented, motivated and actively involved in their school community through academics, activities, athletics, and our Student Life Organization.
- Nestled in a beautiful, wooded area in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, our 55-acre campus (and new boarding hall) provides a safe home-away-from-home where students can grow and learn. There`s a special sense of belonging at ISM that you can feel as soon as you arrive.We welcome everyone interested in our programs and community to visit our beautiful campus.
- Our admissions is non-selective and we have open enrollment so you can apply year-around!
- To schedule a visit, please call us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HopkinsGrades: PK-12 | 2369 students
110 Blake Road S
Hopkins, MN 55343
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 815 students
15100 Schmidt Lake Road
Minneapolis, MN 55446
- MinnetonkaGrades: K-12 | 126 students
3520 Williston Rd
Minnetonka, MN 55345
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 284 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.