DeLaSalle High School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (612) 676-7679
DeLaSalle High School Photo #2 - ACADEMICS: Consistently, over 50 percent of graduates earn academic scholarships.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #3 - The Class of 2016 alone completed more than 15,000 hours of Christian Service, including a service trip to Colorado.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #4 - Thirty-nine seniors have been named Distinguished Scholars for earning a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #5 - STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Seven teams and over 20 individuals have earned Academic All-State honors in the past three years.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #6 - The distinguishing feature and reason for the existence of DeLaSalle's student activity offerings is to assist students in their religious, spiritual, and moral formation as well as provide for the student a better understanding of how all activities at DeLaSalle support its mission.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #7 - MISSION: In Lasallian schools, educators touch hearts, stimulate minds and cultivate leadership to prepare students for life, work and service to society.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #8 - Since its inception in 1900, DeLaSalle has been located on historic Nicollet Island in the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
DeLaSalle High School Photo #9 - Each year, in academic programs such as National History Day, DeLaSalle students excel at local, state, and national levels.
- DeLaSalle has graduated over 15,000 alums since its founding in 1900.
- As measured by any demographic criteria, "De" is the most diverse private, Catholic high school in Minnesota, drawing students from over 125 Twin Cities grade schools.
- Over 60 current students were born in other countries.
- Run by the Christian Brothers since its inception, "De" is part of an international Lasallian school network.
- College preparatory, over 98 percent of graduates matriculate to college on an annual basis; DeLaSalle graduates are currently continuing their education in colleges and universities in over 30 states.
- Part of the academic preparation includes immersion for each student in a 1:1 iPad Program, now in its ninh year at the school. Enrollment has climbed 30 percent in the past nine years, and the school has completed over $25 million in building additions or renovations since 2000.
DeLaSalle High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Specialist for Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||715 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English: Language and Composition, AP English: Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP United States History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / Jul. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,650|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all inclusive. The only fee charged is for insurance for the school-issued iPad given to each student. There are no extra fees for technology, textbooks, activities, etc. A non-refundable $350.00 deposit is due at the time of registration.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,370|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mike O'Keefe|
|Admissions Associate||Christian Glanville|
|Endowment Size||$7.9 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Team, Gaming Club, GREEN Team (Environmental Student Group), Lasallian Ministry, Math League, Mock Trial, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Club / Robotics, Speech, Student Council, Technovation, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappella Choir, Art Club, Chamber Orchestra, Children's Summer Theatre, Fall Play, Musical Theatre, Ninth Grade Play, One-Act Play, Pep Band, Stage Crew and Technical, Step Dance Team, Symphonic Band, Writer's Workshop
- We extend an invitation to you to take a close look at the fastest-growing, Catholic high school in the Twin Cities! On behalf of the wonderful families, staff and students of DeLaSalle, we encourage you to learn why more and more students from every part of the Twin Cities are coming to this great school. Learn why our 2019-20 enrollment of 750 students was up 30 percent in the past nine years alone - and why we receive over 400 applications for up to 200 spaces in the ninth grade class each year. Learn why our level of academic rigor and effective blend of modern technology and quality teaching prepares over 98 percent of our graduates to move on to college and to succeed once they get there. Most importantly, learn why we remain committed to our historic mission to know and nurture each student individually within a broad community centered on Faith, prayer, and hope. What an exciting time to be at DeLaSalle! We are Catholic. We are college preparatory. We are historic. We are innovative. We are growing. We are a community. We have stood the test of time, beginning our 121st year at the same location at the heart of the Twin Cities in 2020-21.
- Through the support of alumni and friends, our budgets are balanced, we are adding programs and staff, and we are able to provide over $3,400,000 in financial assistance to help half of our families afford DeLaSalle. With over $25,000,000 in facility improvements over the past 15 years, we have recently added a new addition and Center for Innovative Learning that opened in 2016. What an exciting time to be at DeLaSalle! Until we get a chance to meet, please read more about De on the enclosed school profile. Visit our website, www.delasalle.com or follow our social media sites -- facebook.com/DLSislanders or instagram.com/DLSislanders, or twitter.com/DLSislanders -- and discover what De offers to you and what we can accomplish together over the next four years.
- There`s always more - at a high school that just keeps getting better. We now draw students from over 125 Twin Cities middle schools. Our students are smart: at all grade levels, standardized test scores exceed local, state, and national norms, and we are always among the leaders in National Merit Scholarships. They care about others: last year alone, our students completed over 23,000 hours of Christian service. They try a lot of things: over 90% join at least one of over 40 activities each year, and we don`t cut ninth graders. Our unique Global Advantage Program gives dozens of De students opportunity for academic and/or service trips to Africa, Europe, and South America. School busing is available for almost every neighborhood of the Twin Cities.
- And there`s even more to learn: Come take a closer look at DeLaSalle! Until we get a chance to meet and answer your questions about De, we highly recommend that you plan to visit our campus at DeLaSalle. You likely will find that DeLaSalle provides exactly what you`re looking for in a high school and a whole lot more! It`s a great school and it keeps getting better!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763) 381-8217 3.9 PK-12
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 690-2443 6.6 9-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 665 students
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612) 798-2600 7.2 9-12
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12 | 719 students
1350 Gardena Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763) 571-9116 6.2 9-12
De has been a magic school for my kids. The air of inclusiveness, academic rigor, and activity offerings means there is something for everyone. Kids leave prepared for college, but also as good human beings. De truly is a family.
- Posted by Parent - Kimberlee
I am from Ethiopia. And i am 10 grade and learn in st. John Baptist DeLaSalle catholic school found in addis abeba the capital of Ethiopia. And i like to ask you an invitation to learn in your school. It's my honor to ask you
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tolawaq Negasa
As a former De La Salle graduate of 1987, 30 years later and I still love this school as much as I did then! Now, I have a Senior that will be graduating in 2018! I love it, she loves it! I can't say enough about the culture and atmosphere of De La Salle. Faith based, strong curriculum and a world of diversity within the student body unlike any other private school in Minnesota! A student body that is truly like one big family! So awesome to see these kids mesh the way they do, and then go off to be extremely successful. The curriculum is rigorous, but the support is tremendous. Definitely unlike no other. I would recommend this school over any other private institution in Minnesota for multiple reason! Can't go wrong here!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mary
This high school has more than prepared our daughter for the next steps in her life. She is leaving with multiple college offers and all have given her merit scholarships. While at DeLaSalle she grew in her academic life, spiritual life and community service. She had the opportunity to travel abroad, participate in sports and quiz bowl teams. I would encourage all to look at and strongly consider sending their children to this high school!
- Posted by Parent - doern
"DE" gave me the rounded education and study habits to go on and be a successful doctor of medicine. Over 95% of my class has been very successful. What more could ask for?
- Posted by Student/Alumni - endo
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.