Maranatha Christian Academy
5.00 (14 reviews)
- Since when has the way things have always been done a good enough reason to keep doing them? At Maranatha Christian Academy, we`re not afraid of standing for something different-and maybe that`s exactly what makes all the difference.
- Here, excellence is measured not only by the obligatory test scores and sky-high academic standards, but by the unquantifiable. Curiosity.
- Perseverance. Faith. We`ve built a place where our students can learn from themselves, each other and all of us, a place where failure is embraced and big questions serve as a golden opportunity for teachers to show wide-eyed minds where to look, but not what to see.
- If this sounds like a distinctly fresh, particularly intentional approach that`s not at all what you thought about school, then we`ve reached our passing grade.
- Because that`s precisely the whole point. MCA's mission is to provide students an academically rigorous college-preparatory education in a distinctly Christian environment of high values, character development, and exceptional student culture.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, History, Language/Composition, Literature/Composition, Physics|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code includes select styles of clothing. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,064|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition shown is for grades 9-12. Tuition for middle school is $10,853, lower school is $9,506, and pre-kindergarten is $7,482 (5-day).|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sandy Thoma|
|Admissions Associate||Deborah Meiners|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventures Club, Book Club, Chess/Strategy Games Club, Film Club, First Lego League Robotics, First Tech Challenge, Gaming Club, International Club, Missions Trips, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Recycling Club, Student Council
- Maranatha Christian Academy, a pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 school, exists to provide students an academically rigorous college-preparatory education in a distinctly Christian environment of high values, character development, and exceptional student culture.
- The Acadmey's mission is fulfilled through these core values. We purpose to: 1. Assist in the development of the "whole" person - spirit, soul, and body. 2. Assist each student in establishing a real and unshakable relationship with Jesus Christ by (1) presenting the gospel, (2) training them to use the Word of God with authority, and (3) promoting the development of a truly biblical worldview and value system. 3. Produce students who are academically qualified: well-educated, self-directed, and life-long learners. 4. Act as an extension of the home and church by instilling Christian values and thus, together, equip the next generation to live godly lives in an increasingly ungodly world. 5. Train young people to be positive role models and influential leaders who will carry out the "Great Commission." (Matthew 28:19-20) 6. Lead students by way of example and instruction into a lifestyle that places the needs of others above their own needs and wants. Maranatha Christian Academy. Academics. Faith. Excellence.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: K-12 | 135 students
3733 Vera Cruz Avenue N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)717-8609 5.2 K-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
6875 University Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763)571-6410 6.7 PK-12
- Andover Grades: PK-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763)427-4595 9.4 PK-12
MCA is amazing on every level! We have had our two students at the school for 10 years and could not be happier. The teachers and staff are not only incredibly talented, they care about every aspect of our students' lives. MCA has an incredible balance of rigorous academics, spiritual development, dynamic fine arts, robotics and a great athletics program. We are beyond blessed to be a part of the MCA family!
- Posted by Parent - AngelaS
After four years at the school coupled with involvement with the inner workings of the school, I sincerely wish I could go to a 10 star rating! The mission of the school is followed through at every level and it is lead by an amazing leader (who was just recognized as an excellent educator by WCCO) who continues building an amazing team to build an amazing school for amazing kids!
- Posted by Parent - Michael M
Our children attended K-12 and we loved MCA! It's wonderful to have staff that actually gets to know both children and parents. They worked together with us, always expecting the best, they were encouraging and understanding when situations were challenging, and always open to suggestions.
- Posted by Parent - Parent / Alumni Class of 2006 & 2008
We love MCA! We have 3 kids there 7th 5th and 3rd. My oldest started in kindergarten. Love the partnership with teachers and administration. They are all truly amazing. It's like family! We are so grateful our children not only receive great education but have the freedom to build a foundation of faith.
- Posted by Parent - Audra
MCA has been a wonderful experience for our family! We chose MCA after looking at many private school options. We wanted a private school with a small, intimate feel, but also desired a school population with diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. My husband and I are both former Division 1, Ivy League athletes, so a good balance of academics and athletic/extracurricular options were paramount in our decision. MCA partners with Providence & Osseo for certain athletics, so your child will be able to participate even if there is not an MCA-exclusive offering... My daughter has a music teacher contracted through MCA that comes directly to the school to give private acoustic guitar lessons. MCA offers this for several instruments - starting in kindergarten! MCA has felt like family from Day 1. You are greeted at the door with smiles - and sometimes by the head of school himself! With a very convenient location in the metro area, for sure a place to check out for your student!
- Posted by Parent - ED
Best school in the Twin Cities period. Our children have been there Since Kindergarden, absolutely love it.
- Posted by Parent - BT
We can't begin to say enough great things about our school. From the minute you walk in the door you can feel the difference. The school has done a beautiful job of offering an academically rigorous curriculum while balancing a distinctly Christian atmosphere. One of the highlights is how much care and concern the teachers and staff have had for our children.
- Posted by Parent - Sandy
Maranatha Christian Academy is an incredible school that will set your child up to succeed in life! They hold high standards and offer innovative learning opportunities like an onsite STEM center and onsite college coursework. Best of all, it is built on a strong foundation of spiritual growth and character development. We are delighted with the results we have seen in our children and are so happy that we made the choice to enroll them there.
- Posted by Parent - steve
In MCA's mission statement it states its an academically rigorous college-prep school. As a parent, I couldn't agree more. You will definitely get your money's worth having your children attend MCA. Check out all MCA has to offer you and your family, you won't regret it.
- Posted by Parent - cheru
Maranatha is an outstanding school! The staff and faculty reflect to the students that they really love what they do and that they care for the students. My kids love it at Maranatha! That is the highest recommendation a school can get!
- Posted by Parent - gcame
MCA is a top-notch school. Our 4 children have and are currently attending and have loved their time in the school. Not only does MCA place a high importance on academics (2 of our boys have received academic scholarships to cover college) but, the teachers and staff are invested in caring for and encouraging all of the students!
- Posted by Parent - Sburq
MCA is a school that lives up to it's motto - Academically Rigorous, Distinctively Christian. The staff and administration are approachable, engaging, and nurturing. The academics prepare students for college and more. The athletic program is competitive and offers a variety of sports! MCA offers a multitude of extracurricular activities and clubs. Our teenagers have both attended since kindergarten and have become fine young men thanks to MCA and the incredible staff there.
- Posted by Parent - jills
The quality of teachers at MCA is like no other. Each and every staff member truly cares for my children. Where else can you get the best education, teachers who love your kids AND have teachers who will pray your kids through their ups and downs in life. I feel blessed that my kids attend MCA.
- Posted by Parent - Aa_we
i would like my three year old son to join your school. please tell me more about your kinder- care program. my celphone number is 7632199066. Thank you and God bless
- Posted by Parent - mnyan
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.