Heritage Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (763) 463-2200
- Heritage Christian Academy offers an excellent, college-preparatory education in a pervasive atmosphere of joyful Christian love and encouragement.
- In addition to high academic training, fine arts, STEAM ed, AP offerings, AP Capstone, a full menu of athletic offerings are available--ALL from a Biblical Wordlview.
- High school students are encouraged to take advantage of AP and PSEO classes, as well as service and missions opportunities.
- 100% graduation rate: 98% to post-secondary education and 2% into honorable military service
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Average ACT score||27|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges by grade levels between 3000 and 11000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Herman|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Herman|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Life Club, Travel Abroad
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- An interdenominational Christian school founded in 1981, Heritage Christian Academy serves students ages 3 through Grade 12. The distinctives of a Heritage education are individual attention in a Christ-filled environment. Families, Teachers, Staff, Administrators and School Board are dedicated to fostering and maintaining this approach through Truth, Service, Excellence, and Relationship.
- A recent Chapel message was delivered by Heritage Alum and current Middle/High School instructor, Kate Heintzleman. Her message to our students may be summarized simply as this: "the advantage of a being a student here at Heritage? To be KNOWN."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamel Grades: PK-8 | 207 students
9141 County Road 101
Hamel, MN 55340
(763) 420-2426 3.5 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: K-12 | 135 students
3733 Vera Cruz Avenue N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763) 717-8609 7.5 K-12
We have appreciated how well HCA prepared our daughter for admission and ongoing success at a selective university, the University of Minnesota. HCA has high academic standards and cares about character and biblical training - all very important to my husband and me. Our daughter had plenty of leadership development experiences, and the extra-curricular opportunities were plentiful! Band, orchestra, theatre, spring formal events, honor society, service projects, and well-trained sports teams with highly qualified coaches (including teams that have competed at the state level!) Thank you, Heritage Christian Academy! Please keep the high standards and biblical priority!
- Posted by Parent - carol
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.