Ave Maria Academy
- Open since 1997, Ave Maria Academy teaches Pre-K 3 year olds through the 8th grade. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service.
- In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child`s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
Ave Maria Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,456|
|Tuition Notes||Less for Pre-K & Kindergarten students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Newman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Engineering for Kids, Virtue Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama, KidzArt
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Beyond Hoops 1st - 4th grade basketball program, Soccer Shots
- Development of Academics, including a thorough command of primary subjects, a positive initiation to a second language, and a strong foundation in computers, music, art and phisical education.
- Development of Spirit, extending an invitation to virtue in the development of a personal relationship with Christ and the knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Enrichment of character, encouraging students to become trustworthy, helpful, friendly, courageous, perservering, and pure.
- Commitment to service, building appreciation and respect for others through class projects and community involvement.
Profile last updated:
Ave Maria is an exceptional school. The staff is dedicated to getting the best education for each and every student. Family involvement is an integral part of the Ave Maria experience.
- Posted by Parent - minnemuskie
Excellent academics. Very pleased with the way my child progressed through this school.
- Posted by Parent - pgoun