Ave Maria Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Open since 1997, Ave Maria Academy teaches Pre-K 3 year olds through the 8th grade. Rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition, Ave Maria Academy forms young minds, hearts, and souls through a commitment to clear thinking, academic achievement, character formation, prayer, and service.
- In an encouraging and safe environment transformed by faith, reason, and virtue, each child`s unique and God-given talents are nurtured through mastery of a rigorous curriculum and active participation in the Catholic faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,456|
|Tuition Notes||Less for Pre-K students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristen Basgall|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Engineering for Kids, Virtue Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Development of Academics, including a thorough command of primary subjects, a positive initiation to a second language, and a strong foundation in computers, music, art and phisical education.
- Development of Spirit, extending an invitation to virtue in the development of a personal relationship with Christ and the knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Enrichment of character, encouraging students to become trustworthy, helpful, friendly, courageous, perservering, and pure.
- Commitment to service, building appreciation and respect for others through class projects and community involvement.
Excellent academics. Very pleased with the way my child progressed through this school.
- Posted by Parent - pgoun
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.