Step By Step Montessori Schools at Maple Grove
Step By Step Montessori has locations throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area.
We serve the surrounding western suburbs of Minneapolis including Brooklyn Park, Chaska, Corcoran, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Saint Anthony, Southdale-Edina and Wayzata.
We offer programs for children from 6 weeks old through third grade/Kindergarten.
We're open year round including the summer months and we offer a School Age program for children through the 3rd grade.
The philosophy of Step By Step Montessori is to help each child develop a positive self-image within this carefully planned environment.
The child also develops the necessary skills required for a life time of creative learning.
Children carry within themselves the potential for what they can be.
In order for the child to develop physical, emotional, and intellectual capacities he or she must have freedom to develop to their fullest potential.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 138 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Step By Step Montessori has locations throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area. We serve the surrounding western suburbs of Minneapolis including Brooklyn Park, Chaska, Corcoran, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Saint Anthony, Southdale-Edina and Wayzata. We offer programs for children from 6 weeks old through third grade/Kindergarten. We're open year round including the summer months and we offer a School Age program for children through the 3rd grade.
- The Montessori method is an approach to education that emphasizes the individual potential of young children which is developed by means of a unique strategy utilizing specially trained teachers and scientific teaching materials. Based on a method developed by Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator, children learn to work by themselves in the prepared environment, enjoying the presence of other children, but not necessarily working directly with them. Dr. Montessori developed her method of education over a number of years and was honored and respected for her developments in education throughout the world at the time of her death in 1952. Children who have had the benefit of a Montessori environment are freer at a later age to devote themselves more exclusively to the development of their intellectual faculties. The Montessori teacher is able to teach the child individually because he/she is aware of the learning readiness and interests of each child: when a child is ready to learn new skills, the teacher steers the child toward a new activity or project. In the new activity, the student will work at his or her own pace, with guidance and assistance from the teacher. The developmental teaching materials are designed to test understanding, correct errors, and train the child's mind to think in logical patterns. The well prepared classroom environment helps the child to be self-disciplined, independent and to respect the rights of others.
Endorse Step By Step Montessori Schools at Maple Grove. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.