Legacy Christian Academy
- Legacy Christian Academy is a PreK-12th grade school that promotes academic excellence in a Christ-centered biblical worldview.
- We foster a loving, collaborative learning environment that encourages students to expand their intellect, develop Christ-like character, and fulfill their God-given potential.
- We are conveniently located on a scenic 30-acre campus in Andover, MN, a northern suburb of Minneapolis.
- In addition to instructional facilities, there are two soccer fields, two softball fields, a baseball field, a spacious elementary playground and a 12,000 square foot sports center.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||NILD (National Institute of Learning Development) certified teachers|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Algebra 2, CIS Calculus, UNW Math-Liberal Arts, Honors Pre-Calculus, AP U.S. History, UNW Fitness/Wellness, AP European History, UNW English Comp, Honors English 10, AP English Lit & Comp,|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code, but no uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,235|
|Tuition Notes||Secondary somewhat higher|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,499|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lynda Domino|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Bowling Club, Chapel Worship Team, Chess Club, Chick-fil-A Leader Academy, Clay Target: Skeet/Trap Shooting, Drama, Jazz & Pep Band, LEGO Club, National Honor Society, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council, Yearbook Art Club, Bowling Club, Chess Club, Drama, LEGO Club, Yearbook, Chapel Worship Team,
Chick-fil-A Leader Academy,
Clay Target: Skeet/Trap Shooting,
Jazz & Pep Band,
National Honor Society,
Student Ambassador Program,
- Our Vision: Cultivating Christian leaders to change the world through Jesus Christ to the glory of God.
- Our Mission: Legacy Christian Academy will partner with parents to both enrich the minds and disciple the hearts of their chidlren in an academically excellent, Christ-centered environment to produce leaders who not only know and pursue God, but transform the world through a life of sacrifice, service, and righteousness.
- Here's how we do it:
- Relationships: Building connections with families to ensure a whole child education experience.
- Academics: Challenging and guiding students to acquire knowledge and skills through rigorous study.
- Biblical Worldview: Filtering knowledge through the lens of the Bible while reaching the heart.
- Opportunities: Assisting students in finding and using their God-given gifts to reach their full potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BlaineGrades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Blaine, MN 55434
2211 Old Main Street South
Cambridge, MN 55008
Saint FrancisGrades: NS-8 | 111 students
3812 229th Ave NW
Saint Francis, MN 55070
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 77 students
7700 Monroe Street Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
Coon RapidsGrades: KG-12 | 22 students
11164 Hanson Blvd Nw
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?