Legacy Christian Academy
- Legacy Christian Academy is a PreK-12th grade school that promotes academic excellence in a Christ-centered biblical worldview.
- We foster a loving, collaborative learning environment that encourages students to expand their intellect, develop Christ-like character, and fulfill their God-given potential.
- We are conveniently located on a scenic 30-acre campus in Andover, MN, a northern suburb of Minneapolis.
- In addition to instructional facilities, there are two soccer fields, two softball fields, a baseball field, a spacious elementary playground and a 12,000 square foot sports center.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||NILD (National Institute of Learning Development) certified teachers|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Algebra 2, CIS Calculus, UNW Math-Liberal Arts, Honors Pre-Calculus, AP U.S. History, UNW Fitness/Wellness, AP European History, UNW English Comp, Honors English 10, AP English Lit & Comp,|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code, but no uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,235|
|Tuition Notes||Secondary somewhat higher|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,499|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lynda Domino|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bowling Club, Chess Club, Chick-fil-A Leader Academy, Clay Target: Skeet/Trap Shooting, LEGO Club, National Honor Society, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chapel Worship Team, Drama, Jazz & Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our Vision: Cultivating Christian leaders to change the world through Jesus Christ to the glory of God.
- Our Mission: Legacy Christian Academy will partner with parents to both enrich the minds and disciple the hearts of their chidlren in an academically excellent, Christ-centered environment to produce leaders who not only know and pursue God, but transform the world through a life of sacrifice, service, and righteousness.
- Here's how we do it:
- Relationships: Building connections with families to ensure a whole child education experience.
- Academics: Challenging and guiding students to acquire knowledge and skills through rigorous study.
- Biblical Worldview: Filtering knowledge through the lens of the Bible while reaching the heart.
- Opportunities: Assisting students in finding and using their God-given gifts to reach their full potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint PaulGrades: KG-8 | 137 students
600 Mahtomedi Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55115
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 84 students
9931 Foley Blvd Nw
Minneapolis, MN 55433
- Saint PaulGrades: K-12 | 919 students
1712 Randolph Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55105
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 630 students
9201 75th Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55428
- AnokaGrades: PK-8 | 466 students
506 Jackson St
Anoka, MN 55303
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.