Avail Academy - Blaine
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #2 - Parents name Avail Academy's experienced and committed teachers among its greatest strengths.
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #4 - Avail Academy offers students opportunities to get involved in multiple areas of interest. Many of our students are athletes, musicians and theater performers. They can do it all!
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #6 - Avail Academy offers our K-5 students two recess breaks a day. We believe the fresh air and time of play is important to their learning.
Established in 1961, Avail Academy (formerly Calvin Christian School) provides K-12 Christian education in the North and South Twin City metro areas.
With locations in Edina (K-8), Blaine (K-8) and Fridley (9-12) we have over 400 students enrolled.
Avail Academy is accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI), and is affiliated with the Minnesota Independent Schools Forum (MISF).
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
For tuition information, please see our website at https://availacademy.org/tuition-and-fees
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Programs:
- Avail Academy is known for our rich academic environment that integrates faith in learning across all areas of study. As K-12 educators, we`re called to spark each student`s potential and fan it fully into flame by expertly immersing academics in God`s word and way. And because living a life of purpose doesn`t start after graduation, we create opportunities now for children to develop their talents in the service of their peers, families and the broader community.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
Profile last updated: 09/10/2021
Endorse Avail Academy - Blaine. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?