Avail Academy - Blaine
Tel: (763) 785-0135
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #2 - Parents name Avail Academy's experienced and committed teachers among its greatest strengths.
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #4 - Avail Academy offers students opportunities to get involved in multiple areas of interest. Many of our students are athletes, musicians and theater performers. They can do it all!
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #6 - Avail Academy offers our K-5 students two recess breaks a day. We believe the fresh air and time of play is important to their learning.
Established in 1961, Avail Academy (formerly Calvin Christian School) provides K-12 Christian education in the North and South Twin City metro areas.
With locations in Edina (K-8), Blaine (K-8) and Fridley (9-12) we have over 400 students enrolled.
Avail Academy is accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI), and is affiliated with the Minnesota Independent Schools Forum (MISF).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For tuition information, please see our website at https://availacademy.org/tuition-and-fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kory Kingsbury|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Avail Academy is known for our rich academic environment that integrates faith in learning across all areas of study. As K-12 educators, we`re called to spark each student`s potential and fan it fully into flame by expertly immersing academics in God`s word and way. And because living a life of purpose doesn`t start after graduation, we create opportunities now for children to develop their talents in the service of their peers, families and the broader community.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55434
(763) 755-3993 5.1 PK-12
- Andover Grades: NS-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763) 427-4595 7.8 NS-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 348 students
11001 Hanson Blvd Nw
Minneapolis, MN 55433
(763) 754-1750 4.5 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: K-12 | 467 students
2300 Chicago Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 721-6294 12 K-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.