Avail Academy - Blaine
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #2 - Parents name Avail Academy's experienced and committed teachers among its greatest strengths.
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #4 - Avail Academy offers students opportunities to get involved in multiple areas of interest. Many of our students are athletes, musicians and theater performers. They can do it all!
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #6 - Avail Academy offers our K-5 students two recess breaks a day. We believe the fresh air and time of play is important to their learning.
- Established in 1961, Avail Academy (formerly Calvin Christian School) provides K-12 Christian education in the North and South Twin City metro areas.
- With locations in Edina (K-8), Blaine (K-8) and Fridley (9-12) we have over 400 students enrolled.
- Avail Academy is accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI), and is affiliated with the Minnesota Independent Schools Forum (MISF).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For tuition information, please see our website at https://availacademy.org/tuition-and-fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Murphy|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Avail Academy is known for our rich academic environment that integrates faith in learning across all areas of study. As K-12 educators, we`re called to spark each student`s potential and fan it fully into flame by expertly immersing academics in God`s word and way. And because living a life of purpose doesn`t start after graduation, we create opportunities now for children to develop their talents in the service of their peers, families and the broader community.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55434
(763)755-3993 5.1 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
7700 Monroe Street Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763)786-1755 1.8 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
6875 University Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763)571-6410 3 PK-12
- Andover Grades: PK-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763)427-4595 7.8 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.