Avail Academy - Blaine
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #2 - Parents name Avail Academy's experienced and committed teachers among its greatest strengths.
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #4 - Avail Academy offers students opportunities to get involved in multiple areas of interest. Many of our students are athletes, musicians and theater performers. They can do it all!
Avail Academy - Blaine Photo #6 - Avail Academy offers our K-5 students two recess breaks a day. We believe the fresh air and time of play is important to their learning.
- Established in 1961, Avail Academy (formerly Calvin Christian School) provides K-12 Christian education in the North and South Twin City metro areas.
- With locations in Edina (K-8), Blaine (K-8) and Fridley (9-12) we have over 400 students enrolled.
- Avail Academy is accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI), and is affiliated with the Minnesota Independent Schools Forum (MISF).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For tuition information, please see our website at https://availacademy.org/tuition-and-fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Murphy|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Avail Academy is known for our rich academic environment that integrates faith in learning across all areas of study. As K-12 educators, we`re called to spark each student`s potential and fan it fully into flame by expertly immersing academics in God`s word and way. And because living a life of purpose doesn`t start after graduation, we create opportunities now for children to develop their talents in the service of their peers, families and the broader community.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural and interscholastic athletics, drama, service projects, academic competitions, and more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55434
(763)755-3993 5.1 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
7700 Monroe Street Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763)786-1755 1.8 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
6875 University Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763)571-6410 3 PK-12
- Andover Grades: PK-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763)427-4595 7.8 PK-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.