The Blake School/Upper School
- Founded in 1900, The Blake School is an independent, coeducational day school (pre-k-12) with campuses in Minneapolis, Hopkins and Wayzata.
- Blake provides a strong liberal arts education with a challenging curriculum that integrates academics, arts and athletics.
- Over 1,367 students attend Blake, coming from more than 55 Twin Cities' communities.
- Tuition: $15,325 - $26,950. Financial Aid: $4.8 million in need-based aid awarded annually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1367 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||205 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Chinese, English Literature, European History, French, Latin: Vergil and Caesar, Physics (three courses), Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art,|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade. Blake annually awards more than 4 million dollars in need-based financial aid available. See web site for tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shawn Reid|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn Loew|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- The Blake School is a pre-kindergarten-grade 12, independent day school with a national reputation for academics. Its comprehensive, rigorous curriculum prepares students to advance to the most selective colleges and universities.Students strive for excellence in athletics and the arts and are committed to improving their local and global community. Small classes of diverse students are united by innate curiosity. Students encounter thoughtfully prepared curriculum along with abundant opportunities for travel, service, sports and artistic endeavors while developing habits of mind that enable them to think critically, solve problems, empathize, create and make our world better.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 284 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
- MinneapolisGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
3100 West River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55406
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 815 students
15100 Schmidt Lake Road
Minneapolis, MN 55446
- Saint PaulGrades: 9-12 | 174 students
380 Jackson Street, Suite 100
Saint Paul, MN 55101
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.