The Blake School/Upper School
- Founded in 1900, The Blake School is an independent, coeducational day school (pre-k-12) with campuses in Minneapolis, Hopkins and Wayzata.
- Blake provides a strong liberal arts education with a challenging curriculum that integrates academics, arts and athletics.
- Over 1,367 students attend Blake, coming from more than 55 Twin Cities' communities.
- Tuition: $17,780 - $31,470. Financial Aid: $7.6 million in need-based aid awarded annually to 22 percent of the student body.
The Blake School/Upper School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1366 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||205 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Chinese, English Literature, European History, French, Latin: Vergil and Caesar, Physics (three courses), Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art,|
|Average SAT score||1384|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade. Blake annually awards 7.6 million dollars in need-based financial aid to 22 percent of the student body. See web site for tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joe Silvestri|
|Admissions Associate||CJ Eckhardt|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- The Blake School is a pre-kindergarten-grade 12, independent day school with a national reputation for academics. Its comprehensive, rigorous curriculum prepares students to advance to the most selective colleges and universities. Students strive for excellence in athletics and the arts and are committed to improving their local and global community. Small classes of diverse students are united by innate curiosity. Students encounter thoughtfully prepared curriculum along with abundant opportunities for travel, service, sports and artistic endeavors while developing habits of mind that enable them to think critically, solve problems, empathize, create and make our world better.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)381-8217 2.4 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 284 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612)767-1502 1 PK-8
- Eden Prairie Grades: NS-12 | 297 students
6385 Beach Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952)918-1840 9.2 NS-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.