The Blake School/Upper School
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,358 students
- Acceptance rate: 52%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
- Source: Verified school update
The Blake School/Upper School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Admissions Ambassadors, Anime Club, Assembly Moderators, Asset Management Group, Badminton Club, Bee Club, Blood Drive Committee, Chess Team, DECA, Drawing at Dawn, Empty Bowls, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Girl Up, Green Team, Habitat for Humanity, LearningWorks, Math Team, Model United Nations, Robotics, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, She's the First, Slam Poetry Club, Stock Exchange Club, Student Newspaper, We Charity
- The Blake School is a pre-kindergarten-grade 12, independent day school with a national reputation for academics. Its comprehensive, rigorous curriculum prepares students to advance to the most selective colleges and universities. Students strive for excellence in athletics and the arts and are committed to improving their local and global community. Small classes of diverse students are united by innate curiosity. Students encounter thoughtfully prepared curriculum along with abundant opportunities for travel, service, sports and artistic endeavors while developing habits of mind that enable them to think critically, solve problems, empathize, create and make our world better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Blake School/Upper School?
The acceptance rate of The Blake School/Upper School is 52%, which is lower than the national average of 91%. The Blake School/Upper School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Minnesota with low acceptance rates.
Does The Blake School/Upper School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Blake School/Upper School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Blake School/Upper School offer?
The Blake School/Upper School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball. The Blake School/Upper School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for most sports offered.
What is The Blake School/Upper School's ranking?
The Blake School/Upper School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for: Highest average SAT score, Highest average ACT score, Lowest average acceptance rates, Highest percentage of students of color, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for The Blake School/Upper School?
The application deadline for The Blake School/Upper School is Jan. 31.
Endorse The Blake School/Upper School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards