City Of Lakes Waldorf School
- 29 years old, City of Lakes Waldorf School is one of over 1000 Waldorf schools in more than 60 countries worldwide dedicated to helping children develop their full human potential in body, spirit and mind.
- The rich Waldorf curriculum educates children according to each unique stage of child development through academic studies, social learning and the development of practical skills.
- Our school serves children from age 3 through Grade 8.
- We also offer parent/child classes for toddlers, ongoing parent education and opportunities for participation in your child`s school journey. Waldorf teachers and parents seek to foster the natural unfolding of childhood, creating a genuine enthusiasm for learning that is essential to educational success.
- Waldorf students gain a deep knowledge and understanding of the cultural, scientific and social life of humanity that prepares them to be good problem-solvers, independent thinkers and engaged citizens able to bring their individual gifts to a rapidly changing, complex world.
- The experiences of our alumni are positive testimony to the success of Waldorf education and our work here at City of akes Waldorf School.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(See Parent Handbook on-line)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,835|
|Tuition Notes||Call the Enrollment Coordinator to speak about tuition at 612-767-1502.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caroline Askew|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Shay|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, choir, circus arts, ensemble, eurythmy, handwork, woodworking art, choir, circus arts, ensemble, eurythmy, handwork, woodworking,|
- Tour, application, records release form, tuition assistance application, if applicable.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1367 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
- MinneapolisGrades: K-8 | 76 students
2123 Clinton Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55404
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
- MinneapolisGrades: K-8 | 307 students
3755 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55409
- MinneapolisGrades: K-8 | 188 students
3200 E 44th St
Minneapolis, MN 55406