Southside Family Charter School
Tel: (612) 872-8322
- Southside Family School (SFS) is a small urban k-8 program dedicated to academic excellence, innovation in curriculum, and parent and community involvement.
- We offer small class sizes that concentrate on individualized instruction and a warm and safe learning environment.
- We focus on a social justice curriculum that teaches students to be independently minded citizens who respect themselves and others.
- We stress basic skills, encourage creative expression and offer a range of electives.
- In an atmosphere free of racism, sexism, classism and homophobia, we honor diverse cultural identities, encourage volunteer participation, use the community as a classroom, develop curriculum, advocate for families, and engage children in issues of social justice, decision-making and problem solving.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We are a public charter school.|
|Admissions Director||Tania Montgomery|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 767-1550 0.4 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: NS-8 | 188 students
3200 E 44th St
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(612) 729-9301 3.5 NS-8
- Minneapolis Grades: K-8 | 368 students
525 W 54th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55419
(612) 823-4394 4 K-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-1 | 16 students
7121 Bloomington Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612) 869-8155 6.1 PK-1
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952) 988-3420 1.2 PK-12
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.