Lake Country School
Tel: (612) 827-3707 Ext. 114
- Lake Country School is an urban-based Montessori community whose purpose is to help children prepare themselves for life.
- We seek to mirror and embrace the rich diversity of the city.
- We foster independence, critical thinking, respect and responsibility to self, to others and to the earth.
- We believe that children learn by doing and are lovers of purposeful work, spontaneously chosen and carried out with profound joy.
- Montessori education attends to the total development of the child - social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual.
Lake Country School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $10,130 for 1/2 day three-year olds to $18, 290 for the Junior High.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lucinda Anderson|
|Endowment Size||$4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Cross CountryCross Country|
- Lake Country School draws students and families from all over the Twin Cities. Our applicant pool consists of diverse and well-informed parents with a high level of commitment to whole child development, Montessori and land-based experiences for their children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 767-1550 1.7 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 35 students
4557 Colfax Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55419
(612) 827-4504 1.1 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-1 | 16 students
7121 Bloomington Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612) 869-8155 4.4 PK-1
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.