Lake Country School
Tel: (612)827-3707 Ext. 114
- Lake Country School is an urban-based Montessori community whose purpose is to help children prepare themselves for life.
- We seek to mirror and embrace the rich diversity of the city.
- We foster independence, critical thinking, respect and responsibility to self, to others and to the earth.
- We believe that children learn by doing and are lovers of purposeful work, spontaneously chosen and carried out with profound joy.
- Montessori education attends to the total development of the child - social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual.
Lake Country School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $10,130 for 1/2 day three-year olds to $18, 290 for the Junior High.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lucinda Anderson|
|Endowment Size||$4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Cross CountryCross Country|
- Lake Country School draws students and families from all over the Twin Cities. Our applicant pool consists of diverse and well-informed parents with a high level of commitment to whole child development, Montessori and land-based experiences for their children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 284 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612)767-1502 1.7 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 35 students
4557 Colfax Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55419
(612)827-4504 1.1 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 15 students
7121 Bloomington Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(612)869-8155 4.4 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763)381-8217 4.1 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.