St Paul Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
St Paul Preparatory School Photo #2 - SPP offers a variety of art classes from book arts to ceramics. Students can also graduate with a Visual Arts Diploma.
St Paul Preparatory School Photo #3 - Students visit a pumpkin patch at Waldoch Farms for SPP Night Out.
St Paul Preparatory School Photo #7 - Economics class field trip to the Minneapolis Federal Reserve.
- At SPP, we prepare our international student body for success in a global society by offering a college/university preparatory education, comprehensive language instruction, and cultural exchange opportunities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ELL/ESL classes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Statistics, AP Technology, AP US History, AP World History, AP World Literature and English Composition|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Local student tuition is $10,500. International student tuition varies.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anni Bowers|
|Admissions Associate||Nienke Wijnia|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Paddle Tennis,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Model United Nations/World Quest, Robotics, School Store, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Music Ensemble, Theater Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton, Flag Football, Ski Club, Volleyball, Yoga
- St. Paul Preparatory School is an international school that offers students a unique educational experience. Students come to St. Paul Prep to prepare for their futures while learning more about the world, and ultimately themselves. Our curriculum provides students with quality, college preparatory academics and enrichment through the arts and physical education. Our classes are taught from a culturally relativistic perspective and take advantage of the wealth of diversity within our student body. Through our course offerings, we meet the educational needs of a wide range of students, from those with limited English ability to those requiring substantial academic rigor. As an added benefit, St. Paul Prep students may be eligible to enroll in university courses during their 10th, 11th and 12th grade years. St. Paul Prep teachers share a passion for working with students from around the world. Our small classes allow faculty to provide students with individualized instruction. The majority of our faculty members hold a Master`s degree or higher, and many have professional career experience beyond the classroom. We truly care about the well-being of our students and offer them a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment in which to learn. We seek to provide students with opportunities for the development of self-awareness, social consciousness, leadership skills, and creativity through our enrichment activities, clubs, and study abroad programs. We also recognize the importance of providing our students with an enjoyable and memorable high school experience and promote positive interaction through field trips, dances, and other social events. Students are encouraged to take an active role in shaping the culture and climate of St. Paul Prep, ensuring that it is a comfortable place to grow and learn.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(952)988-3420 10 PK-12
Excellent education with peers from all over the world. A little known Twin Cities alternative to the typical American high school experience. SPP has been a great fit for our two boys.
- Posted by Parent - susan
The teachers, administrative staff, and school community are wonderful and very closely connected. This is a place for any student from any background to feel comfortable and included.
- Posted by Administrator - a.sch
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.