Faithful Shepherd Catholic School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (651) 406-4747
Faithful Shepherd Catholic School Photo #2 - Students learn the importance of service to others through Advent and Lenten service projects, Monthly Faith in Action Fridays and Middle School service hours.
- Faithful Shepherd Catholic School works in partnership with the parishes of St. John Neumann, St. Peter, and St. Thomas Becket.
- Our state-of-the-art facility, built in 2000, is located on 28 acres in Eagan, Minnesota.
- Students in Kindergarten through 8th grade receive instruction in religion, reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, music, art, Spanish, and computer technology.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,349|
|Tuition Notes||Faithful Shepherd is committed to helping make a Catholic education available to all who seek it. Each year we provide over $200,000 in need-based financial assistance to help make the cost of tuition more affordable to families in need.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Jen Claude|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Boy Scouts, Cheer/Dance, Chess Club, Choir, Girl Scouts, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Tech Club|
- Choosing the foundational path for your child's development is a big decision. You're not alone, and at Faithful Shepherd, our faculty, parent and faith communities are committed to providing our students with the opportunities they need to flourish in today's world. At Faithful Shepherd, our holistic approach to education weaves together a unique experience for every student, from Preschool through 8th grade.
- With smaller class sizes, a rigorous curriculum, and faith-based academics, our community offers an educational experience rooted in spiritual values and driven by academic excellence. Our students are challenged to achieve their full potential, be motivated in their academic studies, and well-rounded in their interests. We engage students to promote and develop positive social behavior and ask students to make a positive contribution to their greater community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: NS-8 | 154 students
2950 Highway 55
Saint Paul, MN 55121
(651) 454-1139 1.3 NS-8
- Lakeville Grades: K-8 | 157 students
7320 175th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044
(952) 953-4155 10.1 K-8
- Rosemount Grades: NS-8 | 240 students
13900 Biscayne Avenue West
Rosemount, MN 55068
(651) 423-1658 6.2 NS-8
Love the school the teacher is very good with the students everyone that works in the school are very friendly and very caring they keep a smile on their face and they greet everyone that walks in the door.
- Posted by Parent - Irean Gaye
We love this school! Our children have been challenged academically and love coming to school! The teachers really know our children and adjust their teaching styles in order to make sure that our children are grasping the information and thriving. We have been very impressed with all of the extracurriculars offered at this school. Our girls enjoy the swim club and the music program and art programs are great! Plus, they are learning Spanish! The families have been very welcoming and friendly and we really enjoy being involved in this community.
- Posted by Parent - Current Parent
We have two children at Faithful Shepherd and our experience here has been incredible. Our children have definitely benefited from teachers and administration that truly care about the students. The academic programs are very strong and the new STEM lab is great. FSCS also has a strong parent community that contributes to the very positive experience at the school. You and your children will love being a part of the Faithful Shepherd community!
- Posted by Parent - AC
Our family has grown exponentially by deciding to send our children to FSCS. Our kids have enjoyed and grown from dedicated teachers, active and supportive administration, and a huge group of engaged parents who care deeply about the village in which their children are being raised. The school is a beautiful and peaceful place, and they constantly strive to be better. Its a great environment where faith can be openly and lovingly shared while the kids are growing in their academic, physical, and spiritual lives. FSCS is a great community that you will be glad to be a part of...especially if you would like to be involved.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer W
At FSCS we have experienced a sense of community, faith-based, action-oriented school curriculum, and now we cannot imagine anything else! We have had excellent teachers, each time a perfect fit for how my child learns in the classroom. The principal is an excellent leader and is involved, and is a positive presence in the school. The parent community is involved, friendly, and just a fun bunch of people. Some of my favority things about our school include: UNIFORMS! (less laundry at home, and kids get to know each other at school for their interests and personalities), Catholic mass each week (singing songs they know, with priests from each parish), Catholic education each day (little to no additional classes outside of school required for sacramental prep), and the rotating schedule of specialists each week (Spanish, art, computer, gym, library, and music). I love that as my children get into middle school (FSCS is K through 8) they will be in an environment that supports them through preteen, instead of an enormous middle school where they are expected to grow up too fast. Really, I could go on and on about what I love about FSCS! —Submitted by a parent
- Posted by Parent - jacks
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.