Saint Thomas Academy
- Saint Thomas Academy is a place where boys harness their greatest intellectual, athletic, spiritual and leadership potential.
- Here, they can explore and become the young men they are meant to be. It`s the origin of a life-changing bond of brotherhood your son will carry with him for life.
- Saint Thomas Academy is unique. It`s not "just" a boys` school and not "just" a military school.
- It`s the best of both of those, a place where the call to leadership bonds boys as brothers, where a historic past leads to future greatness.
- WE ARE EXPERTS IN EDUCATING BOYS. At Saint Thomas Academy you'll find a caring community rich with tradition and friendships to last a lifetime.
- From the start, we have successfully inspired young men to excel both personally and professionally by teaching them to aspire and persevere in the pursuit of self-discovery. Saint Thomas Academy offers grades 6-12.
Saint Thomas Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||594 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese, Comparative Government & Politics, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Spanish, Statistics, U.S. Government, U.S. History, World History|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for upper school; blue pants, shirt and black tie for middle school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,600|
|Tuition Notes||More than $2.5 million in tuition assistance available every year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,400|
|Admissions Director||Rick Stevson|
|Admissions Associate||Deborah Edwards|
|Endowment Size||$3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Nordic Skiing, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Diving, Drill Team,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Marksmanship, Nordic Skiing,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||41 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Bowling, Chess, Choir, CHOOSE Group, Debate, Experimental Vehicle Team, Honor Guard/Color Guard, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Hockey|
Club or Organization:
Audio/Visual, Bowling, CHOOSE Group, Clay Target Team, Crack Drill Squad, Debate, Experimental Vehicle Team, FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, Honor Guard/Color Guard, Intramural Basketball, Knowledge Bowl, Language Clubs, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Newspaper, Peer Counseling, Quiz Bowl, Ranger Challenge, Rifle Team, Speech, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Orchestra, VISTA Productions (drama)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- For more than 130 years, the Saint Thomas Academy community of students, parents, faculty, and alumni has prepared young men in an environment influenced by the message of Jesus Christ to succeed in college and life. Saint Thomas Academy`s tradition, discipline, and spirit influence the life of a young man long after graduation.
- Our individualized system and rigorous curriculum requires our students to rise to the challenge and commit to their own education. We provide the tools necessary for your son to succeed and develop lifelong learning skills. At Saint Thomas Academy, our small class sizes allow him to have more one-on-one time with teachers. The average class includes 18 students, and we boast a 10:1 student-to-teacher ratio. We believe your son deserves teachers who possess a comprehensive knowledge base in their fields-89% of our teachers hold a Masters or Ph.D.
- Our smaller classroom sizes and high standards of teaching ensure our students have access to any and all resources needed to succeed, both in and out of the classroom. As an all-boys college prep academy near St Paul, MN, we`re able to offer targeted material using the methods that work best for teaching young men.
- 98% take the ACT (state average: 69%)
- 100% accepted to post-secondary colleges and universities
- 99% go on to a four-year institution
- 1% choose a two-year college, junior hockey, or other unique opportunities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 264 students
2400 Dale Street N
Saint Paul, MN 55113
(651) 484-8429 10.2 9-12
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 690-2443 4.1 9-12
This school is truly something special. The bond that you will create with all of your fellow classmates is nothing short of true brotherhood. The teachers really get to know each student, and challenge them individually. The teachers are required to stay in their classrooms from the end of school (2:45) til 3:15, for tutoring, and extracurriculars don't start until 3:30 so that students can attend tutoring. Students are pushed not only as students but as individuals, to develop into manhood and reach their full potential, long after they graduate. The school partners with companies to give graduates internships in their fields, and the experience they need. Because of the all boy environment, there is no ''popular group'' and every student can find something they are interested in through sports, clubs and activities; and are pushed to leave their comfort zone and discover who they are as a person. Students come from all over, wisconsin to orono, and from all views and walks of life. If you are worried about tuition, the school gives a ton of grants. I remember reading that about 1/3 of the students have financial aid. I would highly recommend sending your son to STA.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - oneil