5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (651) 683-1700
Visitation School Photo #2 - Our beautiful 60 acre campus is used for classes from all departments at all grade levels. Here, Middle School students find plenty of photography class subjects in our outdoor classroom.
Visitation School Photo #4 - Our new STEM center provides top-notch facilities for exploration in all grades and is the home of our award-winning FIRST Robotics team, The Robettes.
Visitation School Photo #5 - Our five-time state champ swim team is part of an outstanding athletics program at Visitation.
Visitation School Photo #6 - Our arts programs include studio arts, orchestra, band and VISTA Productions, the joint theatrical program with Saint Thomas Academy. Dedicated performance spaces house incredible dramas, musicals and concerts.
Visitation School Photo #7 - Our dedicated Parents' Association offers many opportunities to be involved at Visitation. Like the fall fun run for Lower School families.
Visitation School Photo #8 - Service is an integral part of a Visitation education. All students take part in projects from the Thanksgiving food drive to our Christmas stocking project to monthly out-of-uniform days to collect money for disaster relief and other charitable projects. Seniors complete a two week local service project before graduation.
- Visitation offers a wide-range of exceptional opportunities: French, Spanish and Chinese beginning in Montessori Pre-K; robotics, robust arts, athletics and service-learning programs.
- Our 60-acre campus is home to a STEM center, a ballet studio, a professional-caliber theater, stunning art studios, outdoor classroom and superb athletic facilities.
- Our faculty are dedicated and innovative; creating exceptional classroom experiences where our students grow and thrive.
- COED, then All-Girls From Montessori Pre-K through fifth grade, Vis welcomes boys and girls into a Lower School environment where each student is known, loved and challenged.
- In grades 6-12, we provide a uniquely empowering experience to girls.
- In these years, as our students shape their futures, Vis girls shine.
- They speak confidently, lead eagerly and are confident, competent learners.
- They are capable leaders. And they will be for life.
Visitation School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chinese, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP United States Government and Politics, AP United States History|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,393|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anita Wills|
|Admissions Associate||Mirella Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Ballet,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Blood Drive Team, Campus Ministry, Curling, Debate, FIRST Lego League, French & Spanish, Language Clubs - Chinese, Leadership Team, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Mock Trial, Newspaper, Peer Mentors, Pottery Club, Quiz Bowl, STAND - Diversity Group, Student Council, The Robettes - FIRST Robotics, WEB - Where Everyone Belongs - Middle School, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band - Marching and Concert, Choir, Orchestra, Theater
- Visitation offers a wide-range of exceptional opportunities: French, Spanish and Chinese beginning in Montessori Pre-K; robotics, robust arts, athletics and service-learning programs. Our 60-acre campus is home to a STEM center, a ballet studio, a professional-caliber theater, stunning art studios, outdoor classroom and superb athletic facilities. Our faculty are dedicated and innovative; creating exceptional classroom experiences where our students grow and thrive.
- COED, then All-Girls
- From Montessori Pre-K through fifth grade, Vis welcomes boys and girls into a Lower School environment where each student is known, loved and challenged. In grades 6-12, we provide a uniquely empowering experience to girls. In these years, as our students shape their futures, Vis girls shine. They speak confidently, lead eagerly and are confident, competent learners. They are capable leaders. And they will be for life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: 6-12
720 Main Street, Suite 101
Saint Paul, MN 55118
(952) 564-2164 1.3 6-12
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
335 Hurley St E
Saint Paul, MN 55118
(651) 457-2510 4.6 PK-8
- Saint Paul Grades: NS-8 | 369 students
1138 Seminole Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55118
(651) 457-8550 3.5 NS-8
Visitation is all that it claims to be. From excellent academics to a 60-acre campus that extends learning beyond the classroom, students are encouraged at every turn. My children had a GREAT experience- academics, spirituality, sports, theatre, clubs, friends, caring teachers—we're grateful.
- Posted by Parent - email@example.com
Our two children attend Visitation School, and we could not be more pleased! Our son is thriving in the Lower School. As the school states, he is "known, loved and challenged." Vis is such a loving place. Our daughter is in the all-girls Middle School and loves it. Visitation's Middle School provides a safe place for students to grow and learn -- to develop resiliency, critical thinking skills and a strong foundation for high school. Visitation School is worth it!
- Posted by Parent - Mari P.
My daughters attended Visitation's Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools. I will be forever grateful for our time at Visitation. The community is welcoming and inclusive. Students are challenged and known. Students are encouraged to realize their talents in a variety of areas. As graduates, my daughters so appreciate their education and the life-long Vis friends they made. Thank you Visitation!
- Posted by Parent - mpfwh
Our daughter started in Vis'' early childhood program. We were so impressed with the teachers, curriculum and overall environment that we enrolled her in lower school, middle school and eventually upper school. We are a family of modest means, so sending our daughter to Vis was a sacrifice, but it was the best money we ever spent. Vis helped shape her into a leader and an exceptional person.
- Posted by Parent - delyl
I could not be more pleased with how prepared my daughter was for college after her graduation from Visitation. She attended from grades 6-12. Her teachers knew her name, her personality and what made her tick. She was consistently challenged and she rose to those challenges. Our family made some real sacrifices to send her to Visitation and not one of us regrets it for a minute. If you can make Visitation work for your family, do it.
- Posted by Parent - jenni
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.