Trinity School at River Ridge
- Trinity School inspires a lifelong love for learning. Our outstanding teachers' genuine passion for learning, combined with a rigorous, classical curriculum and a safe, structured environment, is a unique hallmark of Trinity School.
- The mission of Trinity School is to impart basic ordered knowledge about the world and to train students in basic intellectual skills and qualities of mind so that they might be of use to God in the wise care and governance of his creation and in the building of his kingdom.
- We accomplish this by establishing a culture marked by the discovery of truth, the practice of goodness, the creation of beauty, and the development of intellectual and aesthetic habits of mind.
- Trinity School is a community of learners characterized by the rigorous exploration of reality, the free and disciplined exchange of ideas, and active participation in the fine arts.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1994, 2008|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1365|
|Average ACT score||27|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,930|
|Tuition Notes||$12,930 for 6th, thru 8th grades $14,600 for 9th thru 12th grades (plus books and fees)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sally Ennis|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Nelson-Abell|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Botany Club, Creative Writing Club, Drama Club, Film Club, Math Team, Neuroscience/Biology Club, Philological Society, Recycling Club, Robotics, Speech Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Singers, Jazz Ensemble, String Ensemble, Wind Ensemble
- Trinity School seeks to prepare and develop the whole student for a purposeful, successful future. That means more than preparing for college. It means inspiring a lifelong love for learning that begins with our outstanding teachers. Their genuine passion for learning combined with a rigorous, classical curriculum and a safe, nurturing environment, is a unique hallmark of Trinity School. Our students are continually engaged and encouraged to ask new questions. They learn how to learn. As a result, Trinity students acquire an unrelenting thirst for knowledge. Trinity School provides an education for sixth through twelfth grades that is at once disciplined and creative, intellectual and moral, an education firmly planted in the soil of the Christian tradition. The mission of Trinity School is to impart basic ordered knowledge about the world and to train students in basic intellectual skills and qualities of mind so that they might be of use to God in the wise care and governance of his creation and in the building of his kingdom. We accomplish this by establishing a culture marked by the discovery of truth, the practice of goodness, the creation of beauty, and the development of intellectual and aesthetic habits of mind. Trinity School is a community of learners characterized by the rigorous exploration of reality, the free and disciplined exchange of ideas, and active participation in the fine arts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
550 Albert St S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651)690-2443 5.2 9-12
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 154 students
2950 Highway 55
Saint Paul, MN 55121
(651)454-1139 1.2 PK-8
My children graduated some time ago, yet they continue to be rich thinkers, in depth readers, lovers of theater and music, and most importantly, servants of God. They were positively influenced by the curriculum and the collegiality of their fellow students, and they were able to see modeled in the faculty bright, serious, sensitive lovers of learning and of God. I know of other good schools in our area, but something about Trinity is the whole package right and true. Try it, you'll find what your children need.
- Posted by Parent - Grateful parent
Words cannot express my gratitude for the education my children receive. Having two Trinity graduates, two children who now attend Trinity and another who will join them next year, I am ever grateful for the caring faculty who surround their students with good and beautiful things. The delight and pleasure my high schooler takes is unmistakeable; I can see it on his face. Because of Trinity School, my children have the gift of doing this all day, every day.
- Posted by Parent - Anne Nicklaus
We are so pleased and grateful for Trinity. We have two sons who just completed the 8th and 6th grades and love the community, culture, academics and athletics. This is a place where children thrive and parents have peace of mind! We stopped counting the things we love about it because the list seems endless.
- Posted by Parent - JamieK
Our daughter has just completed ninth grade and our son has completed seventh grade. Trinity`s teaching staff continue to amaze me. The love of learning and sense of wonder are not words on a page, but reality in every classroom. We have found the same sex classroom learning environment was exactly what our daughter needed to focus in on learning.
- Posted by Parent - TrinityMom
Our five children attended six years each at Trinity School. A 30 year combination. Would we do it all over? Absolutely. Without a doubt. Everything about this school breaths what it says about Truth Beauty and Goodness. Thank God for Trinity School.
- Posted by Parent - tnn
We have had two daughters graduate from Trinity, and our third daughter will be a senior there next year. We did an exhaustive search of schools in the area and were ready to sell our house and move in order to find the best school for our children. During this intensive search we found Trinity; it has fulfilled and surpassed our hopes for a school. The teachers are not only experts in their fields, but they are passionate about their subjects. They infuse their students with an excitement for learning. The curriculum, class discussions and out of class projects prepare the students for college and life. Our two older daughters attended the University of Notre Dame after graduating from Trinity. They were well prepared for their college classes after the exceptional education their received at Trinity.
- Posted by Parent - Catherine Mulvey
Trinity was an amazing experience and I owe so much to the teachers and coaches and fellow classmates. Now I'm a Christian missionary in the Mississippi River Valley relating to all kinds of people but especially the poor. Trinity gave me the tools to see others with love and compassion and as better than myself. That's important.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - former student
I went to Trinity at River Ridge from 7th grade through 12th and graduated in 2010. I have relied on my education there to get me through a Big Ten engineering program with relative ease and I maintain a life-long love for learning thanks to the education and community of learners at Trinity that I was fortunate to be a part of.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Proud Alumnus
We have a daughter at Trinity school who is in her sophomore year; she started last year as a freshman. Both she and we are very happy with this school. The academic excellence, the moral fiber and character of the teachers and staff, and the calm, orderly, and happy atmosphere of the school all work together to educate the whole person. The whole environment encourages the student to study and learn and equip them with the love of learning for the rest of their lives.
- Posted by Parent - Momofhappystudent
We have sent 6 children to Trinity School. My wife and I love the focus on academics, it has challenged our children to push themselves with great results. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but Trinity found one in each of our kids! The perspective on academics vs. sports is perfect and the new school is beautiful. The best school environment in the Twin Cities!
- Posted by Parent - bbric
It's difficult to express our appreciation of Trinity School at River Ridge in a few sentences. The academic rigor is excellent, the teachers go above and beyond any other school we have experienced, the culture of respect among the students and staff creates students with character and consideration for others. Trinity creates thinkers who will difinitely contribute to our society. The music and art are incredible, largely due to very gifted teachers. The way the classical curriculum is presented results in students who develop a life long love of learning. We feel very blessed to have found Trinity. We home schooled for 17 years and had transitioned our kids into two other Christian schools. We were starting to think we were very difficult to please. The truth is that Trinity is a very different place to learn. It is exactly what we had hoped for in a school. We are incredibly grateful to have our kids educated there.
- Posted by Parent - vines
As teachers ourselves, we find Trinity's educational philosophy coherent and powerful. We have had children attend Trinity since 2000, and we have seen the benefit of a complete Trinity education. Grounded in a Christian classical view, Trinity provides a formation that cultivates the intellect, nurtures the virtues, and builds character. Trinity develops the whole student, not in some generic fashion, but in a way that builds robust habits of mind and heart to take seriously the long Western intellectual tradition. It exposes students to a rich collection of texts from literature, philosophy, and theology that deepens the student's ability to encounter the profound character of the Christian. This was most vividly brought home to us when our eldest daughter, a 2007 graduate, was reading one evening for her Humane class curled up on a couch. We asked her about the book, Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, and with great spontaneity and passion she responded, "I love Dostoevsky." We have found that one of principal challenges we have as teachers and parents is to nurture in our students a love for learning. In our sometimes overly careerist and grade conscious culture, we have instrumentalized education to economic or occupational goals that often remove the intrinsic value of education. While our children have not loved every course they have taken at Trinity, we are grateful for Trinity's fostering a love for learning, a seriousness in intellectual dialogue and the critical habits of mind while engaging questions of what is good, true and beautiful. Teresa and Michael Naughton
- Posted by Parent - MJNAU
We homeschooled our four children through sixth grade and then sought out alternatives to best prepare them for college and beyond. We were impressed by the poise, confidence, and articulation of Trinity students and the graduates we met. They engaged adults in thoughtful conversation well beyond their years. We wanted that educational experience for our children and we were willing to drive 21 miles each direction for the opportunity. Trinity School at River Ridge has exceeded our expectations. Ron and Kristin Moss
- Posted by Parent - rkm