|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition for 2012-2013 is $1,539 for Preschool for 3s, $1,870 for Preschool for 4s, $4,452 for kindergarten students, $7,233 for students in grades 1-5, and $7,899 for students in grades 6-8. We offer a multichild discount and tuition assistance.|
|Admissions Director||Wayne Sit|
|Admissions Associate||Cheri Lubbers|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||First LEGO League, Girls on the Run, Math & Science Olympiad, Theater Club Theater Club, First LEGO League,
Girls on the Run,
Math & Science Olympiad,
Since we begin with the basic fact that all truth comes from God
and His Word, Ann Arbor Christian School promotes an education that
intelligently and honestly examines all areas of learning through
the lens of our faith. In our mind, there is absolutely no
contradiction in providing an excellent education with a deep,
unembarrassed faith in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible.
The two go hand and hand.
Therefore, we strive to instill a passion for learning and a desire to know Christ. At Ann Arbor Christian School, we want our students to embrace this attitude. We do this through:
- An innovative curriculum that integrates academic excellence with Christian living and faith. Students learn to apply Biblical principles to all subjects, and to interactions with teachers and peers.
- Teachers and staff who challenge students to develop their God-given intellectual, spiritual, artistic, and physical gifts. Students are encouraged to use their gifts, knowledge of the Scriptures, and the strength of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to guide future decisions and ethical choices.
- An emphasis on excellence. By incorporating language arts into science and social studies units, teachers help students to develop critical thinking skills across the curriculum. This may be one reason that AACS students test higher than the national average in reading, math, and science.
- Parents who are actively involved in the education of their children.Service and outreach projects that encourage students to become sensitive to others’ needs and teach the importance of caring for God’s world.
AACS is accredited through Christian Schools International, which offers curriculum, teacher support, leadership training, testing, and other services to nearly 500 member schools in the United States and abroad.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SalineGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
7200 Moon Rd.
Saline, MI 48176
CantonGrades: PK-12 | 212 students
45081 Geddes Road
Canton, MI 48188
SouthfieldGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
28650 Lahser Road
Southfield, MI 48034
Ann ArborGrades: K-2 | 28 students
2775 Bedford Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Ann ArborGrades: K-8 | 110 students
2203 Platt Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104