Top Michigan Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 906 top private schools in Michigan, serving 145,376 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,530 for elementary schools and $10,884 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 95% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Michigan Lutheran High School Photo - Michigan Lutheran High School opened its best-in-class dormitory in August 2014. We are only one of six boarding schools recognized by the state of Michigan.
Our Savior Lutheran School Photo - Located at Broadbent Rd. and E. St. Joe Hwy. in Delta Township, built in 2008. Our school offers classrooms for grades Preschool through 8th grade, a computer lab/library, cafeteria, music room, gymnasium and church sanctuary. Athletic fields for soccer, softball, baseball and a playground are part of the campus.
Franklin Road Christian School Photo - Our beautiful modern campus is located in Novi, MI, on the NW corner of M5 and 13 Mile Road.
Bloomfield Maples Montessori Photo - Toddler Classroom Dr. Montessori was one of the first educators to recognize that the first few years of a child?'s life are critical to the development of personality and intellect. Children at this age are enthusiastically seeking out knowledge, and learn quickly and naturally. Our classrooms are led by experienced Montessori certified teachers in an enriched environment. The furniture and
All Saints Catholic School Photo - Bishop Francis Reiss celebrating Mass at All Saints Catholic School in Canton.
Top Michigan Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools56 Students- Minority
- 8 Schools544 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools213 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools203 Students3% Minority
- 20 Schools2,133 Students5% Minority
- 23 Schools4,877 Students16% Minority
- 4 Schools335 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools1,433 Students23% Minority
- 4 Schools224 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools113 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools285 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools253 Students25% Minority
- 4 Schools513 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools55 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools336 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools214 Students5% Minority
- 9 Schools1,252 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools384 Students7% Minority
- 26 Schools4,049 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools122 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools49 Students7% Minority
- 18 Schools3,883 Students6% Minority
- 4 Schools273 Students3% Minority
- 7 Schools454 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools46 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools487 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools2,869 Students21% Minority
- 6 Schools725 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools136 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students17% Minority
- 8 Schools1,125 Students15% Minority
- 12 Schools2,627 Students12% Minority
- 22 Schools3,585 Students19% Minority
- 67 Schools17,199 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools413 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools296 Students9% Minority
- 8 Schools1,451 Students12% Minority
- 14 Schools1,755 Students4% Minority
- 51 Schools9,803 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools318 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools395 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools259 Students7% Minority
- 5 Schools392 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools168 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools1,117 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools306 Students5% Minority
- 13 Schools2,515 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools525 Students16% Minority
- 10 Schools1,355 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools348 Students5% Minority
- 159 Schools29,703 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools152 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools224 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools152 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools396 Students4% Minority
- 25 Schools6,876 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools167 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools94 Students1% Minority
- 27 Schools3,609 Students11% Minority
- 11 Schools1,013 Students7% Minority
- 6 Schools364 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools117 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools131 Students16% Minority
- 6 Schools406 Students9% Minority
- 8 Schools718 Students17% Minority
- 6 Schools373 Students10% Minority
- 39 Schools5,382 Students14% Minority
- 149 Schools23,235 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools345 Students6% Minority
These Roman Catholic boarding schools offer good value, great educations and a faith-based community experience.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.