- Greenhills is a singular place. You can sense it in the architecture.
- Our upper school has grown over the years, but you`d never know it from the building`s appearance.
- There are three reasons for this. First, each one of the many additions to our campus is consistent with what came before.
- Designed by Michigan Architect Laureate Alden B. Dow, the lines of the school, hewed in dark wood and lightened by spotless windows from roof to floor, are consistent from one end of the school to the other.
- There is a respect here for the innovations of the past, an elegant match of tradition and progress that is no coincidence.
- Dow`s greater genius, however, is manifest in the second source of the building`s vibrancy.
- Greenhills is packed with gathering spaces - for groups from two to two hundred.
- Each grade level has a space of its own, a comfort zone, where students and faculty can greet each other each morning, find friends, find help, find ideas.
- The design of Greenhills is intended to draw people together, and this happens at our school in a remarkable way.
- Our students are respectful without resorting to mere deference.
- Our teachers communicate without condescension. Lastly, Greenhills is aging well because it is loved.
- We expect the best of each other every day, and the community of our school both promotes and draws on this.
- The truth is that Greenhills could be housed anywhere and the spirit of the place - challenge, vivacity, delight, loyalty - would endure.
- This is what makes Greenhills the uniquely inspirational environment it has grown to be.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1324|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 10 / Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,900|
|Tuition Notes||Middle School (grades 6-8) tuition is 24300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alexandra Halladay|
|Admissions Associate||Laurin Wolf|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Greenhills School is a student-centered community that helps young people realize their full intellectual, ethical, artistic and athletic potential in preparation for college - and beyond - as curious, creative, and responsible citizens who respect all individuals and their differences, and whose meaningful and balanced lives will better the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.