- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 525 students
- Yearly Tuition: $25,870
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 13 / Jan. 23 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- SMALL CLASSES. GREAT TEACHERS. At Greenhills, our average class size is 15. And while 75 percent of our teachers hold advanced degrees, 100 percent of them are completely committed to bringing out the best in their students.
- STUDENT SUCCESS STEMS FROM SCIENCE, TECH, ENGINEERING, AND MATH. Whether you're building a robot from scratch on one of our two robotics teams or conducting ground-breaking research with one of our academic or industry partners as part of our Advanced Research Program, as a Greenhills student you'll push the limits of the possible -- both before and after graduation. OUR HUMANITIES PROGRAM FEEDS THE SOUL.Catch our student jazz band at a storied Ann Arbor music venue. Or spend a morning assembly listening to nationally-known professional musicians. Sit at the potter's wheel, take the stage for a theatrical excursion, or argue either side of a question with our championship debate team. Whatever your artistic passion, Greenhills nurtures it.
- 50 YEARS OF ATHLETICS. 25 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Gryphons compete. But more importantly, our athletic department -- one of just 25 in state history to be named an "Exemplary Program" by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and the Michigan Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association -- does more than just win championships. Our 20 varsity sports are organized around the idea of balance: in athletics, academics, and life. Gryphon athletics is synonymous with strong coaching, sportsmanship, and success that lasts a lifetime.
- LEARNING DOESN'T STOP AT THE CLASSROOM DOOR. NEITHER DOES THE GREENHILLS CURRICULUM. Whether they're studying ecosystems in one of our on-campus ponds, researching cutting-edge science at the University of Michigan through our Advanced Research Program, or simply enjoying a class trip to Canada, Greenhills students enjoy exhilarating opportunities to bring learning to life.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY STRETCHES BACK TO OUR FOUNDING. Greenhills was established in 1968, with equality as one of its central visions. We live that vision today through the promotion of diversity as integral to the ethos and practices of the school: as a source of strength that enriches teaching and learning.
Endorse Greenhills School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards