Greenhills School

We see the 0.1%that makes you, well,YOU.And we do our very best to draw it out daily.
On average, any two people have 99.9% identical DNA. That means what makes you you is what comes from that remaining 0.1%.
At Greenhills, we've crafted our entire 6th- through 12th-grade experience (and our approach to teaching) to unleash the full power of that 0.1%.
So you can go out into the world - uniquely and confidently you.
A one-of-a-kind work of art with the ability to do anything you set your very distinctive brain to.

Quick Stats (2024)

Top Rankings

Greenhills School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:

School Overview

Student Body

Total Students
681 students
Student Body Type
Co-ed
% Students of Color
9%
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Greenhills School Student By Grade

Academics and Faculty

% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
60%
Average Class Size
16 students
Number of AP Courses
15 courses
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
1345
Average ACT score
30
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Casual

Tuition and Acceptance Rate

Admission Deadline
Feb. 8 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition Notes
Middle School (grades 6-8) tuition is $28,360 Upper School (grades 9-12) tuition is $29,000
% on Financial Aid
20%
Admissions Director
Sylvester Cutler

Sports

Extracurriculars

Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
38 extracurriculars
ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.
Club or Organization:
advocacy for Introverts, Anime Club, Biology Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Creative Writing Club, Economics Club, Ethics Society, Fashion Club, Film Society, Flying Club, Forensics Team, French Club, Garden Club, Gay Straight Alliance, International Thespian Society, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Math Tutoring Club, Mock Trial Club, Model United Nations, National Ocean Science Bowl, Peer2Peer, Robotics, Spirit Club, STEM Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Student Service Leaders, Student Theater Troupe, Students Organized Against Racism, Tri M Music Honor Society, Variety Show, Yearbook, Young Democrats Club, Young Republicans Club

Recreational Athletic Programs:
Triathlon Club

School Notes

  • For more than 50 years, Greenhills has maintained its steady focus on nurturing and educating curious, creative, and responsible citizens. Students and faculty work together to create an environment where students and teachers know each other as more than a name on a classroom door or a line or two in a gradebook and cooperate to help our students realize their full potential in preparation for college and beyond.
Source: Verified school update

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Greenhills School cost?
Greenhills School's tuition is approximately $29,000 for private students.
What sports does Greenhills School offer?
Greenhills School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Greenhills School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for most sports offered.
What is Greenhills School's ranking?
Greenhills School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for: Highest average SAT score, Highest average ACT score, Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Greenhills School?
The application deadline for Greenhills School is Feb. 8 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 8 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).

School Reviews

Endorse Greenhills School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
  • Academic or athletic awards
Endorse this school:

Recent Articles

Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Applications Calendar
Applications Calendar
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.

Quick Stats (2024)

Request Information

Did You Know?

The average private school tuition in Ann Arbor, MI is $17,498 for elementary schools and $19,110 for high schools (read more about average private school tuition across the country).
The average acceptance rate in Ann Arbor, MI is 75% (read more about average acceptance rates across the country).

Related School Videos

Quick Links