5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (734) 971-7991
Summers-Knoll School provides a rich academic experience for students from K-8 in small, multi-age classes.
Our students learn in an intimate, vibrant school setting and out and about in the world.
It's a place where bright children progress at their own pace, creative children engage in limitless exploration and gifted children discover their potential.
We have a strong focus on the environment, service and community-based learning.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten: $15,800 Elementary School (1-4): $17,800 Middle School (5-8): $19,500.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Paul-McDonald|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After school clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
After school music lessons available
- Inspiring academics for bright, creative and gifted students
- Small, mixed-grade classes, offering individual attention, support and challenge
- Nurturing environment in which each child is loved and encouraged
- Art, Music, Latin, French or Mandarin, P.E. for all students
- Theme-based curriculum incorporating a multi-disciplinary approach
- Child-centered learning supporting multiple learning styles
- Diverse community and globally-focused curriculum
- Community service, encouraging responsibility, empathy, and personal empowerment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ann Arbor Grades: K-2 | 28 students
2775 Bedford Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 971-3080 0.5 K-2
- Ann Arbor Grades: PK-8 | 186 students
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 741-4948 6.9 PK-8
- Ann Arbor Grades: PK-K | 13 students
6727 Warren Rd # 1
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 662-8016 6.6 PK-K
- Ann Arbor Grades: NS-6 | 84 students
1095 N Zeeb Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 662-3335 7.2 NS-6
- Ann Arbor Grades: 6-12 | 525 students
850 Greenhills Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 769-4010 2.3 6-12
A wonderful progressive and project-based school that puts the emphasis on the most crucial stuff: critical thinking, creative problem-solving, curiosity, respect, encountering the wider world with eyes (and heart) wide open. My child, heading into her seventh year, couldn't love it more. And under new leadership the school has only gotten better over these last two years.
- Posted by Parent - Chris
I attended this school for five years from 2005 to 2010, and it was an incredible experience that gave me the mental push I didn't know I needed. It taught me to view things from every perspective and angle: creatively and analytically, logically, you name it; and emphasized the importance of thinking outside the box. I am now a high school sophomore, and I know I would not be in th place I am if it weren't for my education at Summers-Knoll. This school offers not only an interactive, creative education but also an experience a child will treasure throughout their life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Erin M
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.