- Summers-Knoll School provides a rich academic experience for students from K-8 in small, multi-age classes.
- Our students learn in an intimate, vibrant school setting and out and about in the world.
- It's a place where bright children progress at their own pace, creative children engage in limitless exploration and gifted children discover their potential.
- We have a strong focus on the environment, service and community-based learning.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten: $15,800 Elementary School (1-4): $17,800 Middle School (5-8): $19,500.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Paul-McDonald|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school clubs, After school music lessons available After school clubs,
After school music lessons available,
- Inspiring academics for bright, creative and gifted students
- Small, mixed-grade classes, offering individual attention, support and challenge
- Nurturing environment in which each child is loved and encouraged
- Art, Music, Latin, French or Mandarin, P.E. for all students
- Theme-based curriculum incorporating a multi-disciplinary approach
- Child-centered learning supporting multiple learning styles
- Diverse community and globally-focused curriculum
- Community service, encouraging responsibility, empathy, and personal empowerment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Ann ArborGrades: K-2 | 28 students
2775 Bedford Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Ann ArborGrades: PK-K | 61 students
216 Beakes St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
SalineGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
7200 Moon Rd.
Saline, MI 48176
Ann ArborGrades: NS-8 | 147 students
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
I attended this school for five years from 2005 to 2010, and it was an incredible experience that gave me the mental push I didn't know I needed. It taught me to view things from every perspective and angle: creatively and analytically, logically, you name it; and emphasized the importance of thinking outside the box. I am now a high school sophomore, and I know I would not be in th place I am if it weren't for my education at Summers-Knoll. This school offers not only an interactive, creative education but also an experience a child will treasure throughout their life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Erin M
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.