5.00 (1 review)
- Summers-Knoll School provides a rich academic experience for students from K-8 in small, multi-age classes.
- Our students learn in an intimate, vibrant school setting and out and about in the world.
- It's a place where bright children progress at their own pace, creative children engage in limitless exploration and gifted children discover their potential.
- We have a strong focus on the environment, service and community-based learning.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten: $15,800 Elementary School (1-4): $17,800 Middle School (5-8): $19,500.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Paul-McDonald|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After school clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
After school music lessons available
- Inspiring academics for bright, creative and gifted students
- Small, mixed-grade classes, offering individual attention, support and challenge
- Nurturing environment in which each child is loved and encouraged
- Art, Music, Latin, French or Mandarin, P.E. for all students
- Theme-based curriculum incorporating a multi-disciplinary approach
- Child-centered learning supporting multiple learning styles
- Diverse community and globally-focused curriculum
- Community service, encouraging responsibility, empathy, and personal empowerment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ann ArborGrades: K-2 | 28 students
2775 Bedford Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- PlymouthGrades: PK-8 | 61 students
40260 Five Mile Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
- Ann ArborGrades: PK-KG | 23 students
319 N Ashley St
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Ann ArborGrades: PK-K | 39 students
6727 Warren Rd # 1
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Ann ArborGrades: PK-12 | 356 students
2775 Newport Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
I attended this school for five years from 2005 to 2010, and it was an incredible experience that gave me the mental push I didn't know I needed. It taught me to view things from every perspective and angle: creatively and analytically, logically, you name it; and emphasized the importance of thinking outside the box. I am now a high school sophomore, and I know I would not be in th place I am if it weren't for my education at Summers-Knoll. This school offers not only an interactive, creative education but also an experience a child will treasure throughout their life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Erin M
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.