Michigan Islamic Academy
- Michigan Islamic Academy has led the way in teaching the Muslim children of various languages and ethnic backgrounds for over 30 years.
- Michigan Islamic Academy's mission is to provide excellence in education while nurturing Muslim character. Our goals are to preserve the religious and cultural identity of our children as reflected in their Islamic beliefs and values; to provide the basic knowledge to pass on the Islamic heritage to our children; to provide a high quality educational alternative to public schools; and to provide the Muslim students of the USA with an environment where they can practice their religion and they can find role models for Islamic behavior and attitude.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP English, AP Government, Calculus, Honors Calculus|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,600|
|Tuition Notes||Payable through Smartuition, 9 payment plan available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Loretta Poisson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Environmental Club, Health Club, Hidaya Club, Literary Magazine, National Elementary Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Student Government Organization|
- Michigan Islamic Academy is committed to providing a dual curriculum of excellence in secular and Islamic Studies, to prepare students for leadership in the Muslim community, the greater Ann Arbor area and beyond. At MIA, the joy of learning is intertwined with our students' journey of learning. The MIA experience is evident in the faces of our students. Enthusiasm, joy and optimism are nurtured here in a learning community which encourages students to develop their personal interests and gifts and inspires them to reach their potential. Outstanding faculty place the needs of the children first in the classroom as they make use of creative and effective styles and strategies that capitalize on the different ways that students learn, individually and collaboratively. Our students achieve to the highest of standards, gaining acceptance to some of our states finest colleges and universities. Our alumni enter the professional world prepared to lead with sensitivity, creativity, and insight. Together, their accomplishments bear testimony to the education they received at Michigan Islamic Academy, enabling them with confidence to be successful 21st century citizens while embracing the values of Islam. At Michigan Islamic Academy education lasts a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CantonGrades: PK-8 | 412 students
40440 Palmer Rd
Canton, MI 48188
- DearbornGrades: PK-8 | 244 students
19500 Ford Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
- Grass LakeGrades: 1-11 | 13 students
17999 Washburn Rd
Grass Lake, MI 49240
- Ann ArborGrades: PK-12 | 356 students
2775 Newport Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- SalineGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
7200 Moon Rd.
Saline, MI 48176
January 18, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.