Muslim American Youth Academy
- Muslim American Youth Academy is a private Islamic school serving the Greater Metropolitan Detroit Area.
- MAYA is enriched in a student population that is diverse ethnically and culturally.
- We are currently enrolling students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- MAYA is a nationally accredited elementary and middle school consisting of a qualified staff with a broad range of teaching experience, special endorsements and a strong commitment toward children`s education.
- The mission of Muslim American Youth Academy (MAYA) is to provide its students with a quality education within the boundaries of a sound and wholesome Islamic environment. The Academy is committed to providing an atmosphere conducive to learning and growth to the student`s fullest potential through the integration of various aspects of the child`s academic, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Please visit website for uniform code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Admissions Director||Zeinab Hamade|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Ann Arbor Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
2301 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734)665-8882 24.6 PK-12
Canton Grades: NS-8 | 483 students
40440 Palmer Rd
Canton, MI 48188
(734)729-1000 10.6 NS-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.