Muslim American Youth Academy
- Muslim American Youth Academy is a private Islamic school serving the Greater Metropolitan Detroit Area.
- MAYA is enriched in a student population that is diverse ethnically and culturally.
- We are currently enrolling students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- MAYA is a nationally accredited elementary and middle school consisting of a qualified staff with a broad range of teaching experience, special endorsements and a strong commitment toward children`s education.
- The mission of Muslim American Youth Academy (MAYA) is to provide its students with a quality education within the boundaries of a sound and wholesome Islamic environment. The Academy is committed to providing an atmosphere conducive to learning and growth to the student`s fullest potential through the integration of various aspects of the child`s academic, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Please visit website for uniform code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Council Student Council,|
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.