Let Greenhills School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Apply Application for Admission All candidates for admission are required to submit the Greenhills Application, which includes basic personal information, candidate short answer and essay questions (depending on the grade), teacher recommendations, a parent statement, SSAT test scores (for admission to 8-12th grade), and transcripts from schools attended.
- Admission to Greenhills is selective, and not all applicants are admitted.
- The online application is available on our website http://www.greenhillsschool.org/admission/.Required Visit and Interview Every applicant is required to visit Greenhills fora full day, from 8a.m.-3p.m. We will pair you witha current student and you will attend classes andparticipate in thedailylife of the school.
- Duringyour visit you will also have an interview with a member of theadmission team duringwhich wewill engage in a conversation with youaboutyour current school, why you wantto attend Greenhills and how you like to spend yourspare time.
- The interview is informal, butis part of the admission process. Who Gets Admitted to Greenhills School? The largest groups of students enter Greenhills each year in grades 6 and 9, but students are admitted to all grades as space permits (students are rarely admitted to 12th grade, and usuallyonly if they are movingto the area). Greenhills attracts a student body of approximately 565 students, which is inclusive of many different interests, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Students represent the racial, economic, religious, and cultural diversity of Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and the surrounding communities.
- An increasing number of students coming to Greenhills from Plymouth, Canton, Northville, Novi, Brighton, South Lyon, Pinckney, Milford, Dexter, Chelsea, Saline, and other communities demonstrates the appeal and value of a Greenhills education to a broad range of students and families.
- The Admission Committee works to support these aspects of the school's inclusiveness.
- Fit This is the most important factor in the Greenhills admission process, and therefore admission to Greenhills is based on many criteria including essays, teacher recommendations, the academic transcript, participation in extracurricular activities, test scores, the Greenhills school visit, and the interview.
- While each piece of the application plays an important role in assisting the admission committee in making a decision, no one piece—neither essay nor test scores, for example—will be the deciding factor.
- The admission committee takes a holistic approach and will read each application in detail, and each application will be read by at least three people including the Director of Admission, who reads every application.
- Parents should note that the financial aid application is not due until February 13, 2012 and therefore Greenhills will be unable to give a financial aid decision with admission decisions mailed before March.
- However, as noted elsewhere, financial aid priority will be given to those applicants whose admission materials are in by the January deadline.
- Decision Notification Dates Decisions are mailed the week of March 10th.
- For applications received after the deadline, we will mail decisions on a rolling basis based on availability.
- Waitlist: After the initial January 2oth deadline, the Admission Office continues to process applications and mail decisions for each grade until that grade is fully enrolled.
- Each year there is a waiting list for each grade and throughout the summer we may offer admission to students from that list.