Grades: PK-8 | 250 students
- We at Assumption Academy are committed to providing quality education in an atmosphere of Catholic values and the Gospel message is integrated with every facet of school life.
- As vital members of our faith community who pray, study, and celebrate together, our children are encouraged to carry with them into the world community the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Academically, we are committed to 'differentiated instruction' - which means that we tailor our teaching to meet the developmental level of each of our students, from the gifted and talented to the academically challenged.
- In this way, We Honor Every Student as an individual with unique aptitudes and abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(K and up wear uniform from Flynn & O)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,990|
|Tuition Notes||Pk 2 1/2 - 3 is offered 3 half; 3 full; 5 half and 5 full days with varying tuition. Pk 4 is offered 5 half or 5 full with varying tuition.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess & Checkers, Drama Club, Junior Beta Honor Society, Student Council, Youth Group Drama Club, Youth Group, Chess & Checkers,
Junior Beta Honor Society,
- We at Assumption Academy are committed to providing quality education in an atmosphere of Catholic values and the Gospel message is integrated with every facet of school life. As vital members of our faith community who pray, study, and celebrate together, our children are encouraged to carry with them into the world community the good news of Jesus Christ. Academically, we are committed to 'differentiated instruction' - which means that we tailor our teaching to meet the developmental level of each of our students, from the gifted and talented to the academically challenged. In this way, We Honor Every Student as an individual with unique aptitudes and abilities. The K-8 curriculum is Middle States Accredited and further, as befits an academy, Assumption's middle school curriculum incorporates extensive language instruction, Science Lab, Algebra I & II, Honors Literature, and technology integration. The whole school has access to wireless laptops, classroom computers, and a state-of-the-art computer lab complete with distance-learning capabilities. Our Early Childhood Program educates children 2 ' thru 4, and before and after care are available every school day from 6:45am to 6:30pm and all day on most school holidays for students 2' through 8th grade. Parishioner and parent involvement is an invaluable part of the education experience for our students. We welcome volunteers in our school and have many different programs in which they can participate.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TenaflyGrades: K-9 | 202 students
10 County Rd
Tenafly, NJ 07670
OradellGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
305 Elm Street
Oradell, NJ 07649
Park RidgeGrades: PK-8 | 383 students
25 Fremont Avenue
Park Ridge, NJ 07656
Saddle RiverGrades: PK-12 | 349 students
147 Chestnut Ridge Road
Saddle River, NJ 07458
EnglewoodGrades: PK-12 | 897 students
315 E Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.