- Atlanta Youth Academies (AYA) provide quality education on par with top independent schools.
- There is one big difference, however.
- AYA is designed for urban children and youth whose families believe in the importance of education but who do not have access, either financially or geographically, to excellent private schools.
- Atlanta Youth Academies offer a quality, Christ-centered education to inner-city students.
- The school enrolls students from PreK-8th grade.
- AYA is currently located in the Thomasville/Norwood Manor neighborhood.
- A second AYA Campus for K-3 exists at the Andrew and Walter Young YMCA on Campbellton Road, SW. Class size is limited to 12 students, attending an 11-month school year.
- The AYA approach is to show faith in action through Christian values woven into and modeled in all activities.
- We believe that teaching students about Christ can best be done through real-life behavior.
- By graduation, AYA students are stable and focused beyond their years.
- They are ready for the demands of high school, from advanced academic work to personal tests of character that challenge all young people on the road to adulthood.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: PK-6 | 637 students
4301 Northside Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
AtlantaGrades: PK-8 | 516 students
1320 Hearst Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
AtlantaGrades: NS-12 | 1376 students
805 Mount Vernon Hwy, NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
AtlantaGrades: 5-8 | 108 students
228 Margaret St Se
Atlanta, GA 30315