Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
BFA student, Danielle and her parents, Joanne and David are enjoying the fellowship of a warm, autumn evening at the Annual BFA Spirit Night, 2012.
- As a college preparatory high school, we provide our students with a challenging individualized college preparatory education within a caring community of learners, while advancing the knowledge and methodology of adolescent education through research, curriculum development, innovative learning materials, and publications.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No jeans, collarded shirts and ties on Wednesdays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||We have individualized instruction; a Work/Study program and All-Day Program|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Amy Barnes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Golf, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate Club, Drama Club, Game Club, Green Club, Philanthropy Project Debate Club, Drama Club, Game Club, Green Club, Philanthropy Project,
- Just as there is no one description of a BFA student, there are as many paths to BFA and our graduates choose their own path upon graduation. Our students scatter to universities and colleges throughout the world, because they are pursuing their dreams and passions not following the crowd.
- Above all our motto, "Esse Quam Videre," inspires everything we do - "to be, rather than to seem to be."
- Ben Franklin Academy: Thrive and Flourish
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 740 students
215 West Wieuca Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30342
Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
AtlantaGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.