Grades: 9-12 | 289 students
- Benedictine was founded in 1911, under the name of Benedictine College, by a group of Benedictine monks from Belmont Abbey in North Carolina.
- The name Benedictine is synonymous with Catholic values, academic excellence, leadership, and service.
- As a Catholic school, we believe in exemplifying and conveying the basic tenets and values of the Faith.
- They should guide our conduct in everyday life.
- As an academic preparatory school, our curriculum and standards are established to prepare our graduates for study at a quality four-year institution of higher learning.
- As a school for young men, we nurture esprit de corps, camaraderie, and loyalty to our school and each other.
- We want our young men to grow intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- To that end we expect our students to participate in a broad range of available curricular and co-curricular activities.
- As a military school, we are committed to developing skills in leadership, discipline teamwork, and responsibility.
- We also imbue in our cadets the unique set of traditions that link each generation of cadets.
|School Type||Military School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: NS-12 | 1005 students
711 Saint Christophers Road
Richmond, VA 23226
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
RichmondGrades: 8-12 | 500 students
3850 Pittaway Dr
Richmond, VA 23235
HopewellGrades: PK-12 | 168 students
1600 Atlantic St
Hopewell, VA 23860
ChesterfieldGrades: K-12 | 275 students
6511 Belmont Rd.
Chesterfield, VA 23832
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.