Grades: 6-12 | 47 students
- We serve at-risk youth, ages 11-17, and their families.
- These youth have manifested emotional and behavioral disturbances.
- Their diagnoses may include anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse disorders, ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
- As an accredited member of the Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Education Facilities (VAISEF), McAfee Academy is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to offer both regular education and special education services.
- Special education teachers work closely with home school divisions in developing individual education programs (IEPs), continuing the appropriate course work needed for graduation, and assigning academic credits.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.