Grades: NS-12 | 175 students
Bethany Christian Academy is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education private school and a member of th Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS).
Located in the small, rural town of Mendon, MA, we provide a traditional education in a Christian environment.
We provide a complete educational program from preschool to 12th grade.
Bethany Christian Academy is sponsored by and affiliated with Bethany Community Church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our tuition varies by grade. Please check out our website www.bcama.org for more information.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- MISSION Bethany Christian Academy is a ministry established by the Christian Education Department of Bethany Assembly of God as a service to the families of its community. Our purpose is to provide a well-rounded academic experience in a Godly, Christ-centered environment. We strive for a total balance of growth academically, spiritually, personally, socially, and physically in the whole child. BCA offers education for students from preschool to twelfth grade.
- PHILOSOPHY BCA is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate environment supported by caring, qualified teachers who stimulate and challenge each child. Through a variety of experiences, each child will develop at their own rate: self-discipline, decision making, independent problem-solving and a positive self-image. We achieve this with a balance between creative and structured educational activities. BCA desires to prepare students for success in a world that needs people of integrity.
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE BCA students are tested yearly using the TerraNova3 Test. Our students have consistently scored in the higher percentiles. The curriculum and maintained standard of achievement have enabled our students to continue their education at the higher levels through college and university studies.
- ACADEMICS BCA is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education Private School. We provide a quality educational environment with a traditional phonics based approach to reading. For a complete list of courses offered, please see our website. In addition to core subjects, BCA offers the following: Industrial Arts, Computer Science, Performing Arts, Athletics, Foreign Language, Business and Media Track Programs and College Prep. All students are required to attend age-appropriate weekly chapel classes.
- ATHLETICS BCA is a member of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Worcester County Athletic Conference. We proudly offer opportunity for male and female competitive sports to students in grades 6-12. BCA provides a Christian environment to explore competitive sports in a healthy, fun program. Our teams compete with private and public schools. Our varsity teams have participated in district level competition in Massachusetts. BCA offers volleyball, and all levels of competitive basketball.
Profile last updated: 05/12/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WorcesterGrades: 6-12 | 590 students
81 Providence Street
Worcester, MA 01604
WhitinsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 575 students
279 Linwood Ave
Whitinsville, MA 01588
NewtonGrades: 5-12 | 385 students
785 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458
110 Shore Dr
Worcester, MA 01605
NorthboroughGrades: PK-8 | 472 students
266 Main St
Northborough, MA 01532
Bethany Christian Academy is an absolutely wonderful place to send your children. My children have been attending BCA for 3 years and I couldn’t be more pleased with the lessons they learn, not only on an academic level, but within their moral and value foundation. The teachers, who are outstanding, work with parents in tandem to ensure each child is receiving individual attention and learning at a pace that works for them. My son had difficulty picking up reading and the school offered additional tutoring after school to get him on the right path. Looking at his state test scoring really blew me away, though. He scored over the 90 percentile in most subjects when comparing against other students in the state. That was really telling. The best part is the communication they keep with parents. I also love the fact that the school goes from Pre-school to 12th grade and they offer after before and after school care that is exactly in line with what working parents need at a very affordable price. BCA has been a Godsend to my family and I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for the best education possible for their children.
- Posted by Parent - jaynl
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.