Grades: 1-12 | 162 students
8th grade field trip to Assateague Island. Middle School and Lower School take end of the the year camping field trips with their homeroom classes.
Brookewood partners with its brother school, Avalon, to produce and perform a play each year. Past productions include Twelfth Night, A Shakespeare Scene Night, The Servant of Two Masters, and The Three Musketeers among others.
Brookewood's house system consists of four houses--Arundel, Bourbon, Custis, and Darnell--that students are placed into. These houses have friendly competition in festivals throughout the year.
Brookewood offers competitive sports in Field Hockey, Basketball, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Soccer and Swimming.
- Brookewood School is an independent school for girls located in Kensington, Maryland.
- More than that, we are a community of families and educators who believe in helping our daughters become young women.
- At Brookewood School, we believe that our school should help parents form their daughters into young women who are educated, cultured, pious, cheerful, adventurous, and generous.
- We live this philosophy heart, soul, mind, and strength.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Italian, AP Language, AP US History, Calculus BC,|
|Average SAT score||1420|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||$14,500 Grades 9-12 $13,500 Grades 6-8 $12,000 grades 3-5 $8,000 Grades 1-2 Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Helen Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Yearbook Committee, Model UN, Art Club Model UN, Art Club, Yearbook Committee,
- Brookewood School is an independent school for girls located in Kensington, Maryland. More than that, we are a community of families and educators who believe in helping our daughters become young women. At Brookewood School, we believe that our school should help parents form their daughters into young women who are educated, cultured, pious, cheerful, adventurous, and generous. We live this philosophy heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
Very good school, change my daughter life. Rigorous academically and very friendly environment. The girls have a bond between them. I don't regret it sending my daughter there it is the best investment.
- Posted by Parent - chiqu
strong academics, builds confident and cheerful well educated women, small class sizes.
- Posted by Administrator - tarab
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.