Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 890 top private schools in Maryland, serving 145,781 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,867 for elementary schools and $16,585 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,787 Students17% Minority
- 142 Schools28,442 Students20% Minority
- 99 Schools15,752 Students38% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,560 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,660 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,463 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,587 Students18% Minority
- 30 Schools3,383 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools7,235 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools374 Students5% Minority
- 188 Schools34,820 Students29% Minority
- 110 Schools16,580 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,923 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,087 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,203 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,975 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.