Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 872 top private schools in Maryland, serving 144,081 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,495 for elementary schools and $16,987 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
The Goddard School Photo - Welcome to The Goddard School in Waldorf which is not just a daycare! We serve the Charles County communities of La Plata, St. Charles, White Plains, Accokeek and other nearby areas. We offer programs from Infants to Private Kindergarten and even Before and After school for school-agers.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
Rockbridge Academy Photo - A joyful, supportive, Christ-centered community where your child can flourish!
Riverdale Baptist School Photo - Alumni Relations. RBS enjoys having former students come back to speak to our current students.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,066 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,465 Students17% Minority
- 141 Schools28,567 Students20% Minority
- 97 Schools15,708 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,498 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,667 Students10% Minority
- 14 Schools2,456 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,721 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 28 Schools3,320 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools6,707 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools375 Students5% Minority
- 187 Schools34,888 Students28% Minority
- 106 Schools16,033 Students76% Minority
- 3 Schools324 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,944 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,096 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,173 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,980 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools769 Students7% Minority
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.