Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 881 top private schools in Maryland, serving 144,512 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,034 for elementary schools and $16,661 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
Institute Of Notre Dame Photo - IND stands proudly in its original location since 1847. Feel the history and tradition as you climb the slate stairs that over 11,000 alumnae have walked, and relish the stories that have been told from generation to generation. Did you know that IND was part of the Underground Railroad? Join us, become part of the past, change the future!
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,623 Students17% Minority
- 141 Schools28,543 Students20% Minority
- 98 Schools15,610 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,503 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,667 Students10% Minority
- 14 Schools2,463 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,541 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 29 Schools3,330 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools6,869 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools375 Students5% Minority
- 187 Schools34,527 Students28% Minority
- 106 Schools16,252 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,944 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,075 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,198 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,982 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.