Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 879 top private schools in Maryland, serving 144,485 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,242 for elementary schools and $16,696 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
The Woods Academy Photo - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
Institute Of Notre Dame Photo - IND stands proudly in its original location since 1847. Feel the history and tradition as you climb the slate stairs that over 11,000 alumnae have walked, and relish the stories that have been told from generation to generation. Did you know that IND was part of the Underground Railroad? Join us, become part of the past, change the future!
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,623 Students17% Minority
- 141 Schools28,543 Students20% Minority
- 98 Schools15,610 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,503 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,667 Students10% Minority
- 14 Schools2,463 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,541 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 29 Schools3,330 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools6,869 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools375 Students5% Minority
- 187 Schools34,527 Students28% Minority
- 106 Schools16,252 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,944 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,075 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,198 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,982 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.