Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 884 top private schools in Maryland, serving 146,515 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,572 for elementary schools and $16,273 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 32% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Riverdale Baptist School Photo - CRUSADER NATION! The entire student body together for a group photo during Spirit Week in 2012.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
Glenelg Country School Photo - Upon entering our beautiful 90-acre campus, you first see our Upper School building which also connects to our Athletic Center.
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
The Goddard School Photo - Welcome to The Goddard School in Waldorf which is not just a daycare! We serve the Charles County communities of La Plata, St. Charles, White Plains, Accokeek and other nearby areas. We offer programs from Infants to Private Kindergarten and even Before and After school for school-agers.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
The Calverton School Photo - At Calverton we have students from Pre-K3 through 12th grade, but we are truly one Calverton Family!
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2020-21)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 11 Schools1,005 Students5% Minority
- 91 Schools16,152 Students19% Minority
- 143 Schools28,604 Students25% Minority
- 100 Schools17,452 Students36% Minority
- 5 Schools774 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools82 Students21% Minority
- 19 Schools2,239 Students15% Minority
- 11 Schools1,573 Students16% Minority
- 14 Schools2,533 Students48% Minority
- 3 Schools132 Students45% Minority
- 34 Schools3,737 Students18% Minority
- 6 Schools94 Students4% Minority
- 25 Schools3,136 Students10% Minority
- 46 Schools6,877 Students33% Minority
- 5 Schools379 Students5% Minority
- 185 Schools34,402 Students29% Minority
- 107 Schools16,817 Students79% Minority
- 3 Schools336 Students7% Minority
- 26 Schools2,943 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools565 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools1,039 Students9% Minority
- 27 Schools3,055 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,805 Students12% Minority
- 5 Schools784 Students11% Minority
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.