Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 873 top private schools in Maryland, serving 144,030 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,552 for elementary schools and $16,831 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
Institute Of Notre Dame Photo - IND stands proudly in its original location since 1847. Feel the history and tradition as you climb the slate stairs that over 11,000 alumnae have walked, and relish the stories that have been told from generation to generation. Did you know that IND was part of the Underground Railroad? Join us, become part of the past, change the future!
Rockbridge Academy Photo - A joyful, supportive, Christ-centered community where your child can flourish!
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Glenelg Country School Photo - Upon entering our beautiful 90-acre campus, you first see our Upper School building which also connects to our Athletic Center.
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,066 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,465 Students17% Minority
- 141 Schools28,567 Students20% Minority
- 97 Schools15,708 Students37% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,498 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,667 Students10% Minority
- 14 Schools2,456 Students39% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,721 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 28 Schools3,320 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools6,707 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools375 Students5% Minority
- 187 Schools34,888 Students28% Minority
- 106 Schools16,033 Students76% Minority
- 3 Schools324 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,944 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,096 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,173 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,980 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools769 Students7% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.