Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 889 top private schools in Maryland, serving 145,579 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,893 for elementary schools and $16,463 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,787 Students17% Minority
- 142 Schools28,442 Students20% Minority
- 99 Schools15,752 Students38% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,560 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,660 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,463 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,587 Students18% Minority
- 30 Schools3,383 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools7,235 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools374 Students5% Minority
- 188 Schools34,820 Students29% Minority
- 110 Schools16,580 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,923 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,087 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,203 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,975 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.