Maryland Private Schools
- There are 847 private schools in Maryland, serving 143,444 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,643 for elementary schools and $15,647 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 33% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is an independent private school located in Montgomery County, Maryland. We offer families an innovative preschool through 8th grade academic program grounded in a culture of joy, support and excellence.
The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Maryland Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools1,066 Students5% Minority
- 86 Schools15,130 Students18% Minority
- 138 Schools27,654 Students22% Minority
- 94 Schools15,843 Students43% Minority
- 5 Schools922 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools2,370 Students20% Minority
- 10 Schools1,611 Students10% Minority
- 16 Schools2,551 Students37% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students24% Minority
- 32 Schools3,437 Students28% Minority
- 5 Schools172 Students- Minority
- 26 Schools3,484 Students16% Minority
- 42 Schools7,045 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools271 Students6% Minority
- 180 Schools34,063 Students31% Minority
- 106 Schools17,039 Students72% Minority
- 4 Schools336 Students13% Minority
- 19 Schools2,783 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools502 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools1,086 Students39% Minority
- 27 Schools3,088 Students29% Minority
- 10 Schools1,935 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools812 Students13% Minority
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.