Maryland Private Schools
- There are 847 private schools in Maryland, serving 142,963 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,667 for elementary schools and $15,818 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 32% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is an independent private school located in Montgomery County, Maryland. We offer families an innovative preschool through 8th grade academic program grounded in a culture of joy, support and excellence.
The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
Maryland Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools1,066 Students5% Minority
- 86 Schools15,130 Students18% Minority
- 139 Schools27,640 Students22% Minority
- 93 Schools15,486 Students42% Minority
- 5 Schools867 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students15% Minority
- 18 Schools2,370 Students20% Minority
- 10 Schools1,611 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,463 Students38% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students24% Minority
- 32 Schools3,437 Students28% Minority
- 5 Schools172 Students- Minority
- 28 Schools3,484 Students16% Minority
- 42 Schools7,045 Students34% Minority
- 4 Schools271 Students6% Minority
- 181 Schools34,067 Students31% Minority
- 105 Schools17,058 Students72% Minority
- 4 Schools336 Students13% Minority
- 19 Schools2,783 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools502 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools1,086 Students39% Minority
- 27 Schools3,088 Students29% Minority
- 10 Schools1,923 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools812 Students13% Minority
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.