Maryland Private Schools
- There are 891 private schools in Maryland, serving 145,978 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,790 for elementary schools and $16,367 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
The Woods Academy Photo - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Hands-on, multisensory learning engages students and brings the lessons to life!
Maryland Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,787 Students17% Minority
- 142 Schools28,442 Students20% Minority
- 99 Schools15,752 Students38% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,560 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,660 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,463 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,587 Students18% Minority
- 30 Schools3,383 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools7,235 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools374 Students5% Minority
- 188 Schools34,820 Students29% Minority
- 110 Schools16,580 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,923 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,087 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,203 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,975 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.