Top Maryland Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 888 top private schools in Maryland, serving 145,447 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,994 for elementary schools and $16,471 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
The Woods Academy Photo - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Top Maryland Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,060 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,787 Students17% Minority
- 142 Schools28,442 Students20% Minority
- 99 Schools15,752 Students38% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,560 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,660 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,463 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 32 Schools3,587 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools219 Students2% Minority
- 30 Schools3,383 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools7,235 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools374 Students5% Minority
- 188 Schools34,820 Students29% Minority
- 110 Schools16,580 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,923 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,087 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,203 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools1,975 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools809 Students7% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.