Maryland Private Schools
- There are 891 private schools in Maryland, serving 145,988 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,652 for elementary schools and $15,915 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 30% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences is an independent private school located in Montgomery County, Maryland. We offer families an innovative preschool through 8th grade academic program grounded in a culture of joy, support and excellence.
St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Maryland Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 10 Schools1,089 Students8% Minority
- 88 Schools15,595 Students17% Minority
- 143 Schools28,579 Students20% Minority
- 99 Schools15,752 Students38% Minority
- 5 Schools779 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students19% Minority
- 21 Schools2,542 Students23% Minority
- 11 Schools1,695 Students10% Minority
- 15 Schools2,468 Students40% Minority
- 3 Schools191 Students25% Minority
- 33 Schools3,651 Students18% Minority
- 30 Schools3,432 Students10% Minority
- 43 Schools7,160 Students34% Minority
- 5 Schools374 Students5% Minority
- 188 Schools34,973 Students29% Minority
- 110 Schools16,517 Students76% Minority
- 4 Schools336 Students7% Minority
- 27 Schools2,923 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools537 Students7% Minority
- 4 Schools1,087 Students5% Minority
- 28 Schools3,203 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools2,016 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools811 Students7% Minority
July 13, 2018
Cindy Springsteen writes for the Long Island Examiner. She and I had a go at a couple of the major issues confronting parents of teens.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.