- Gilman School is a diverse community dedicated to educating boys in mind, body, and spirit through particular emphasis upon academic excellence, athletic participation and aesthetic appreciation. Gilman seeks to produce men of character and integrity who have the skills and ability to make a positive contribution to the communities in which they live and work.
- Gilman School`s educational philosophy recognizes the critical importance of developing boys in mind, body, and spirit.
- Each Gilman boy should have an excellent academic experience, a vigorous athletic program, a cultivated appreciation of the arts and significant attention to issues of character and spirit, in order to realize his full potential and become a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1033 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French Language, Latin: Vergil, Physics B, Physics C: Mechanics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing Portfolio, United States History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(varies by school level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 16 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies by grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Furlong|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley Metzbower|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- People that viewed Gilman School also viewed these schools: Boys' Latin School Of Maryland, Arlington Baptist School, Calvert Hall College High School, Loyola Blakefield is a Catholic, college preparatoryLoyola Blakefield and Mount Saint Joseph High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: K-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)377-5192 0.8 K-12
- Windsor Mill Grades: PK-12 | 183 students
3030 N Rolling Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
(410)655-9300 6.9 PK-12
- Towson Grades: 6-12 | 948 students
500 Chestnut Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410)823-0601 3.3 6-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 902 students
4403 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)644-3300 6.2 9-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.