Tel: (410) 323-3800
- Gilman School is a diverse community dedicated to educating boys in mind, body, and spirit through particular emphasis upon academic excellence, athletic participation and aesthetic appreciation. Gilman seeks to produce men of character and integrity who have the skills and ability to make a positive contribution to the communities in which they live and work.
- Gilman School`s educational philosophy recognizes the critical importance of developing boys in mind, body, and spirit.
- Each Gilman boy should have an excellent academic experience, a vigorous athletic program, a cultivated appreciation of the arts and significant attention to issues of character and spirit, in order to realize his full potential and become a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,033 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French Language, Latin: Vergil, Physics B, Physics C: Mechanics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing Portfolio, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(varies by school level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 18|
|Tuition Notes||varies by grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy H. Furlong|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 0.8 NS-12
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1357 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(443) 544-7071 8.4 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.