Park School of Baltimore
- Founded in 1912, The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, gender-inclusive, non-sectarian, progressive Pre-K through Grade 12 school located on a 100-acre campus minutes from the city.
- Park students are inquisitive, comfortable in their own skin, show and earn respect, and are mature beyond their years.
- They are bright, motivated, curious, and love to explore - always asking "What if?" and "How and why?" and "Why not?" By immersing students in a challenging curriculum and surrounding them with a dedicated, impassioned faculty, we create an environment that enables them to become their best authentic selves.
- Having experienced diverse perspectives and positive expectations, Park students venture into the world with the knowledge, the confidence, and the skills they need to become successful adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||814 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||117 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Jan. 1|
|Tuition Notes||$18300 - $33090|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ruthie Sachs Kalvar '85|
|Admissions Associate||Cheveé Taylor ’01|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arctic research, beekeeping, culture clubs, literary journals, mentoring, mock trial, robotics
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Park School of Baltimore Mission
- Devoted to intellectual inquiry, a collaborative spirit of learning, and an appreciation for the diversity of human experience, The Park School of Baltimore is a community founded on positive expectations of our students and respect for individual differences.
- We cultivate children`s innate curiosity by nurturing their interests and engaging them as active participants in their own education.
- We support young people in becoming confident questioners and responsible citizens of the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1340 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410)581-4711 6.1 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)377-5192 2.7 NS-12
We have been in Park's Lower School for several years and have been very happy. Park's progressive approach to education fosters kids who are interested in learning. They learn the basics I would expect on core subjects, and this is supplemented with deeper instruction in areas where they are interested. My kids are very different from each other (with different strengths and interests, one very artistic, the other more traditional science/math interests) and they both thrive. Both my kids want to go to school every day, and are disappointed when it is closed. Park School students learn how to take tests and have excellent outcomes. Last year, they had 22 National Merit semifinalists, which I understood to be among the highest of any coed independent school in MD. The list of colleges they attend is impressive. In addition, graduates seem to handle themselves with a maturity that bodes well for preparedness for life after college. Overall, we have been pleased wtih Park, the community, the teachers, and the learning environment.
- Posted by Parent - moort
One of a kind education. Unbelievable.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - joshc