Top Maryland Religiously Affiliated Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 493 top religiously affiliated private schools in Maryland (57% of all schools), serving 102,673 students.
Riverdale Baptist School Photo - CRUSADER NATION! The entire student body together for a group photo during Spirit Week in 2012.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Top Maryland Private Schools by Religious Affiliation (2020)
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools493 Students99.68% Minority
- 10 Schools250 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools448 Students50.74% Minority
- 51 Schools6,044 Students57.25% Minority
- 4 Schools1,194 Students57.39% Minority
- 91 Schools13,681 Students45.71% Minority
- 3 Schools214 Students25.37% Minority
- 6 Schools551 Students50.68% Minority
- 2 Schools91 Students- Minority
- 24 Schools4,803 Students30.53% Minority
- 8 Schools1,000 Students17.65% Minority
- 7 Schools2,941 Students23.92% Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools1,018 Students72.77% Minority
- 35 Schools9,266 Students0.81% Minority
- 13 Schools1,724 Students27.53% Minority
- 14 Schools1,252 Students4.73% Minority
- 21 Schools2,460 Students11.69% Minority
- 3 Schools100 Students- Minority
- 7 Schools464 Students27.64% Minority
- 11 Schools1,807 Students36.35% Minority
- 145 Schools49,114 Students28.01% Minority
- 22 Schools3,661 Students60.32% Minority
- 1 Schools50 Students100.00% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.