Top Maryland Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 66 top school membership associations in Maryland, serving 569 private schools (64% of all schools) and 119,279 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (18% of schools), Other school association(s) (17% of schools) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (13% of schools).
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Barnesville School of Arts & Sciences Photo - Our interdisciplinary program is designed to strengthen critical thinking and understanding of real-world concepts.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
Top Maryland Private Schools by Membership Association (2018-19)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools598 Students30.28% Minority
- 16 Schools6,104 Students18.35% Minority
- 11 Schools4,481 Students9.57% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students49.68% Minority
- 9 Schools1,448 Students40.28% Minority
- 32 Schools3,163 Students22.40% Minority
- 8 Schools842 Students39.36% Minority
- 4 Schools579 Students40.03% Minority
- 74 Schools14,717 Students51.42% Minority
- 6 Schools884 Students61.15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,360 Students10.07% Minority
- 29 Schools8,440 Students20.43% Minority
- 2 Schools470 Students24.16% Minority
- 3 Schools179 Students63.03% Minority
- 5 Schools567 Students21.01% Minority
- 6 Schools1,824 Students44.83% Minority
- 6 Schools969 Students56.95% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students54.14% Minority
- 1 Schools155 Students15.20% Minority
- 2 Schools751 Students22.16% Minority
- 6 Schools540 Students25.81% Minority
- 6 Schools2,917 Students24.47% Minority
- 11 Schools2,672 Students63.13% Minority
- 3 Schools913 Students25.95% Minority
- 3 Schools1,649 Students13.23% Minority
- 4 Schools539 Students38.99% Minority
- 3 Schools1,745 Students27.73% Minority
- 3 Schools73 Students13.16% Minority
- 1 Schools329 Students23.06% Minority
- 2 Schools392 Students65.51% Minority
- 56 Schools20,786 Students29.50% Minority
- 74 Schools6,147 Students43.33% Minority
- 1 Schools134 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools1,012 Students17.55% Minority
- 22 Schools4,955 Students31.41% Minority
- 61 Schools23,647 Students22.36% Minority
- 4 Schools175 Students71.03% Minority
- 1 Schools79 Students3.48% Minority
- 22 Schools2,395 Students56.29% Minority
- 3 Schools1,563 Students22.11% Minority
- 104 Schools35,539 Students27.02% Minority
- 2 Schools569 Students2.38% Minority
- 1 Schools613 Students15.87% Minority
- 9 Schools3,715 Students26.50% Minority
- 2 Schools639 Students55.66% Minority
- 4 Schools1,176 Students51.87% Minority
- 1 Schools367 Students12.31% Minority
- 3 Schools1,050 Students14.80% Minority
- 4 Schools1,559 Students0.19% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students32.80% Minority
- 1 Schools907 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools129 Students92.59% Minority
- 2 Schools147 Students28.57% Minority
- 25 Schools2,487 Students58.87% Minority
- 14 Schools1,021 Students30.50% Minority
- 31 Schools7,604 Students21.19% Minority
- 94 Schools13,678 Students30.28% Minority
- 16 Schools1,087 Students38.91% Minority
- 2 Schools449 Students3.57% Minority
- 23 Schools10,687 Students17.22% Minority
- 8 Schools482 Students57.71% Minority
- 42 Schools15,977 Students24.24% Minority
- 8 Schools3,761 Students24.65% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students12.50% Minority
- 1 Schools152 Students19.19% Minority
- 2 Schools1,900 Students17.31% Minority
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.