Top Maryland Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 65 top school membership associations in Maryland, serving 563 private schools (64% of all schools) and 118,385 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (18% of schools), Other school association(s) (17% of schools) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (13% of schools).
Glenelg Country School Photo - Upon entering our beautiful 90-acre campus, you first see our Upper School building which also connects to our Athletic Center.
The Woods Academy Photo - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Institute Of Notre Dame Photo - IND stands proudly in its original location since 1847. Feel the history and tradition as you climb the slate stairs that over 11,000 alumnae have walked, and relish the stories that have been told from generation to generation. Did you know that IND was part of the Underground Railroad? Join us, become part of the past, change the future!
St. John Catholic School Photo - St. John Catholic School - Westminster. Carroll County's Premier Catholic School serving students from Pre-K through Grade 8.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
Top Maryland Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools598 Students30.28% Minority
- 19 Schools6,581 Students22.44% Minority
- 15 Schools5,967 Students14.56% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students49.68% Minority
- 10 Schools1,780 Students30.93% Minority
- 33 Schools3,248 Students23.21% Minority
- 6 Schools616 Students23.42% Minority
- 2 Schools343 Students27.58% Minority
- 71 Schools14,641 Students50.89% Minority
- 6 Schools910 Students61.15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,347 Students10.07% Minority
- 30 Schools8,892 Students23.76% Minority
- 2 Schools470 Students24.16% Minority
- 3 Schools179 Students63.03% Minority
- 4 Schools532 Students20.86% Minority
- 6 Schools1,824 Students44.83% Minority
- 6 Schools969 Students56.95% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students54.14% Minority
- 2 Schools357 Students15.20% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students7.69% Minority
- 6 Schools540 Students25.81% Minority
- 5 Schools2,864 Students24.47% Minority
- 11 Schools2,672 Students63.13% Minority
- 3 Schools913 Students25.95% Minority
- 4 Schools1,919 Students16.67% Minority
- 4 Schools539 Students38.99% Minority
- 3 Schools1,745 Students27.73% Minority
- 4 Schools145 Students15.56% Minority
- 1 Schools329 Students23.06% Minority
- 2 Schools392 Students65.51% Minority
- 57 Schools20,986 Students29.77% Minority
- 74 Schools6,297 Students43.33% Minority
- 1 Schools134 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools1,049 Students17.55% Minority
- 22 Schools4,624 Students31.41% Minority
- 61 Schools23,564 Students22.36% Minority
- 4 Schools175 Students71.03% Minority
- 1 Schools79 Students3.48% Minority
- 22 Schools2,416 Students56.29% Minority
- 3 Schools1,563 Students22.11% Minority
- 102 Schools34,617 Students25.69% Minority
- 2 Schools569 Students2.38% Minority
- 1 Schools613 Students15.87% Minority
- 9 Schools3,616 Students26.50% Minority
- 3 Schools758 Students55.47% Minority
- 4 Schools1,105 Students51.87% Minority
- 1 Schools308 Students12.31% Minority
- 3 Schools1,050 Students14.80% Minority
- 4 Schools1,559 Students0.19% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students32.80% Minority
- 1 Schools907 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools147 Students28.57% Minority
- 25 Schools2,487 Students58.87% Minority
- 13 Schools903 Students26.79% Minority
- 31 Schools7,585 Students21.19% Minority
- 93 Schools13,217 Students30.41% Minority
- 15 Schools811 Students37.52% Minority
- 2 Schools449 Students3.57% Minority
- 24 Schools10,740 Students17.70% Minority
- 7 Schools479 Students57.30% Minority
- 41 Schools15,522 Students22.64% Minority
- 8 Schools3,662 Students24.65% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students12.50% Minority
- 1 Schools152 Students19.19% Minority
- 2 Schools1,900 Students17.31% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.