Top Maryland Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 65 top school membership associations in Maryland, serving 562 private schools (64% of all schools) and 118,304 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) (18% of schools), Other school association(s) (17% of schools) and National Association for the Education of Young Children (13% of schools).
Park School of Baltimore Photo - The Park School of Baltimore is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian progressive Pre-K through 12 school located on a 100-acre campus just minutes from the city.
St. Stephens Classical Christian Academy Photo - At SSCCA, students are actively involved in the learning process. The use of songs and recitation makes learning facts fun.
Glenwood Academy Photo - Glenwood Academy now has classes through 11th grade with 12th grade beginning next year.
The Woods Academy Photo - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
Riverdale Baptist School Photo - CRUSADER NATION! The entire student body together for a group photo during Spirit Week in 2012.
West Nottingham Academy Photo - Our 120-acre campus is just an hour's drive from Baltimore or Philadelphia and 25 minutes from the Univ. of Delaware's campus - all perfect for weekend activities and cultural events.
Glenelg Country School Photo - Upon entering our beautiful 90-acre campus, you first see our Upper School building which also connects to our Athletic Center.
Rockbridge Academy Photo - A joyful, supportive, Christ-centered community where your child can flourish!
Kent School Photo - Kent School is located on a beautiful, rural campus along the banks of the Chester River. Our school's nurturing environment is the perfect place to begin or continue a joyful educational journey.
Seneca Academy Photo - Small School. Big Impact. Our combination of intentionally small class sizes, inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum, and affordability makes us a unique high-value learning investment for forward-thinking families
Starmarker School Early Education Wildwood Photo - At Starmaker School, Learning is our Passion! Join Us!
Top Maryland Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools598 Students30.28% Minority
- 19 Schools6,581 Students22.44% Minority
- 16 Schools6,244 Students14.82% Minority
- 2 Schools149 Students49.68% Minority
- 10 Schools1,900 Students30.93% Minority
- 32 Schools3,120 Students23.21% Minority
- 6 Schools616 Students23.42% Minority
- 2 Schools343 Students27.58% Minority
- 71 Schools14,579 Students50.89% Minority
- 6 Schools848 Students61.15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,348 Students10.07% Minority
- 31 Schools9,186 Students23.66% Minority
- 2 Schools470 Students24.16% Minority
- 3 Schools179 Students63.03% Minority
- 4 Schools518 Students20.86% Minority
- 6 Schools1,824 Students44.83% Minority
- 6 Schools969 Students56.95% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students54.14% Minority
- 2 Schools357 Students15.20% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students7.69% Minority
- 6 Schools540 Students25.81% Minority
- 5 Schools2,864 Students24.47% Minority
- 11 Schools2,672 Students63.13% Minority
- 3 Schools913 Students25.95% Minority
- 4 Schools1,919 Students16.67% Minority
- 4 Schools539 Students38.99% Minority
- 3 Schools1,745 Students27.73% Minority
- 4 Schools145 Students15.56% Minority
- 1 Schools329 Students23.06% Minority
- 2 Schools392 Students65.51% Minority
- 57 Schools21,114 Students29.77% Minority
- 73 Schools6,011 Students45.98% Minority
- 1 Schools134 Students100.00% Minority
- 3 Schools1,049 Students17.55% Minority
- 22 Schools4,624 Students31.41% Minority
- 61 Schools23,572 Students22.36% Minority
- 4 Schools175 Students71.03% Minority
- 1 Schools79 Students3.48% Minority
- 22 Schools2,416 Students56.29% Minority
- 3 Schools1,563 Students22.11% Minority
- 102 Schools34,621 Students25.69% Minority
- 2 Schools569 Students2.38% Minority
- 1 Schools613 Students15.87% Minority
- 9 Schools3,616 Students26.50% Minority
- 3 Schools878 Students55.47% Minority
- 4 Schools1,105 Students51.87% Minority
- 1 Schools308 Students12.31% Minority
- 3 Schools1,050 Students14.80% Minority
- 4 Schools1,559 Students0.19% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students32.80% Minority
- 1 Schools907 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools133 Students28.57% Minority
- 25 Schools2,473 Students58.87% Minority
- 13 Schools903 Students26.79% Minority
- 31 Schools7,585 Students21.19% Minority
- 93 Schools13,208 Students30.41% Minority
- 15 Schools811 Students37.52% Minority
- 2 Schools449 Students3.57% Minority
- 24 Schools10,740 Students17.70% Minority
- 7 Schools479 Students57.30% Minority
- 40 Schools15,235 Students22.68% Minority
- 8 Schools3,662 Students24.65% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students12.50% Minority
- 1 Schools152 Students19.19% Minority
- 2 Schools1,900 Students17.31% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.