Riverdale Baptist School
Riverdale Baptist School Photo #2 - The entire student body together for a group photo during Spirit Week in 2012.
Riverdale Baptist School exists to provide students with the opportunity to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to receive a Christ-centered, biblically-based education.
The vision of Riverdale Baptist School is to develop students whose Christian faith, character, and God-given gifts will impact and influence lives in their communities and around the globe.
RBS is devoted to developing the whole person and instilling a life-long passion for learning, leading, and serving.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 297 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,776
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer Program pending due to Covid Requirements
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Lit, Physics
Classroom Dress Code
(Dress code varies per division.)
(Dress code varies per division.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Discounts and Financial Assistance are available
Total Sports Offered
- The purpose of an RBS education is threefold: to teach students how they can know God; once they know God, to teach them to follow God`s principles as found in His Word; and finally, to train them to serve and glorify God through their lives. The above purposes can be fulfilled only after a person becomes born again. Students who profess to be believers in Christ will gain most from RBS`s Christian philosophy and environment. The primary purpose of RBS, however, is to assist parents in guiding their children into the knowledge and achievement of God`s will for their lives.It is the school`s desire to have a balanced educational program where excellence will permeate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social aspects of our learning atmosphere. It is the school`s wish to help in the reinforcement of the Christian home.
- It is the philosophy of RBS that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God. All the school`s programs, both curricular and extracurricular, are based on the principles set forth in God`s Word, and the Bible is the foundation of its philosophy of Christian education.The curriculum chosen by RBS is determined by its philosophy. It is selected to impart the knowledge of God`s truth, to teach God`s values of right and wrong, and is intended to lead students to the development of Christian character. It also guides students to a realization of God`s will for their lives and equips them to perform His will. Parents who desire this type of a Christian educational environment and atmosphere for their child(ren), and who are willing to have open and supportive communication between the home and school, are welcome to apply to enroll their child(ren) at Riverdale Baptist School.
- Riverdale Baptist School is a ministry of Riverdale Baptist Church. As a Christian educational institution, it will, therefore, reflect the philosophy, values, and believers' lifestyle of RBS.
- Riverdale Baptist School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, gender, or disability in the areas of admission, financial aid, athletics, and other school-related programs/activities.
Profile last updated: 08/23/2021
I have enjoyed RBS over many years my son graduated in 2010. I currently have two children attending. The experience has been great. The teachers are engaging, enthusiastic and caring. The teachers inspire my children to do their best and to set goals and accomplish them.
Endorse Riverdale Baptist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?