Washington New Church School Photo #6 - 1st & 2nd grades raise ducklings and a goose to release into the local forest garden - forested.us
Washington New Church School Photo #7 - Learning from the best! - retired doctor volunteers to teach chess to 3rd & 4th graders.
Our mission is to provide a place where children can be instructed academically, morally and spiritually, thus educating the whole child in the sphere and context of the Lord`s Word.
We strive to work closely with parents and friends of the Washington New Church to help each child grow to achieve his or her personal potential.
Our unique understanding of the Bible and spiritual life is our platform for achieving this, and we have a history of outstanding results, including standardized testing scores far above national averages.
We welcome interested families to learn about our New Church beliefs which are the foundation of the educational philosophy and atmosphere of our school.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 41 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,260
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: May. 31 / Aug. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 36%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
High School Algebra 1 given offered in 8th grade
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
black/white/ burgundy polo and fleece, black or khaki pants
black/white/ burgundy polo and fleece, black or khaki pants
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
May. 31 / Aug. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
After 20% down once accepted, parents may request a payment plan to spread tuition out over the following 8 months.
National avg.: 85%
- The School offers a comprehensive curriculum from Junior Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade. In addition to the standard academic courses we also teach: Religious studies, visual and performance arts, computer technology, languages, music, and physical education. Our fifty+ years of academic experience has shown that our multi-grade classrooms and family atmosphere have given our students the tools they need to perform at a very high level both in our school and in others to which they may transfer.
- In order to ensure that our New Church School Curriculum incorporates national standards and current methods we invite Master Teachers from our organization's head office to evaluate our school and staff. We administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Cognitive Abilities Test to monitor our students' national rankings. We consistently score above the national standards for each grade.
- Let us at The Washington New Church School combine proven academic excellence with moral and spiritual values to help your child develop into a happy and successful adult.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Washington New Church School cost?
Washington New Church School's tuition is approximately $8,260 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Washington New Church School?
The acceptance rate of Washington New Church School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 82%.
When is the application deadline for Washington New Church School?
The application deadline for Washington New Church School is May. 31 / Aug. 1 / rolling (applications are due on May. 31 / Aug. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
WNCS is in the business of educating children, both academically and spiritually. And they do an amazing job of it! From the small class sizes to the engaging and caring faculty, I can`t imagine a more nurturing environment for young minds.
My son started WNCS in 1st grade. We left public school (Woodmore Elem) and have not looked back. Public school classrooms are sooo overcrowded and kids needing extra attention don't often get it. My son's classes have NEVER had more than 11 students with most of the time averaging about 9 students. He's a much happier kid--not dreading Mondays anymore. The school has more of a family feel to it. My son is learning to do things that he probably otherwise never would have even attempted. WNCS was the definitely the right choice for us! Highly recommend anyone considering a change to check it out!
All of my 6 children have attended WNCS and I still currently have 3 children in the school. I love the small, caring, safe and nurturing environment where the teachers really know and care about each child and make sure that each student strives to reach their full potential.
My son started kindergarten this school year and I have been very impressed with the curriculum and the level of engagement that all staff provide to the students. The class sizes are small so the teacher is really able to teach and personalize her lesson plans. Each day I drop my son off, I know that he is in a safe, nurturing environment. WNCS was the best choice for my child!
Two of my kids go to this school and are very happy. They get lots of individual attention and it's great to see them succeed academically. I like the family feeling and spiritual foundations. Favorite moments include seeing older kids looking out for younger kids. Thanks WNCS!
All of my children attended WNCS and many of my grandchildren attend today. Great loving, caring, Christian environment paired with top notch academics.
Excellent school! Caring and hard working teachers. Wonderful curriculum and amazing staff. They are hosting an open house on February 15th at 7pm. Go check it out!
Endorse Washington New Church School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.