Washington New Church School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (301) 464-5602
Washington New Church School Photo #2 - Your child will find a home at the Washington New Church School.
- Our mission is to provide a place where children can be instructed academically, morally and spiritually, thus educating the whole child in the sphere and context of the Lord`s Word.
- We strive to work closely with parents and friends of the Washington New Church to help each child grow to achieve his or her personal potential.
- Our unique understanding of the Bible and spiritual life is our platform for achieving this, and we have a history of outstanding results, including standardized testing scores far above national averages.
- We welcome interested families to learn about our New Church beliefs which are the foundation of the educational philosophy and atmosphere of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||High School Algebra 1 given offered in 8th grade|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||After 20% down once accepted, parents may request a payment plan to spread tuition out over the following 8 months.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brian Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Cowley|
- The School offers a comprehensive curriculum from Junior Kindergarten through Tenth Grade. In addition to the standard academic courses we also teach: Religious studies, visual and performance arts, computer technology, languages, music, and physical education. Our forty years of academic experience has shown that our multi-grade classrooms and family atmosphere have given our students the tools they need to perform at a very high level both in our school and in others to which they may transfer.
- In order to ensure that our New Church School Curriculum incorporates national standards and current methods we invite Master Teachers from our organization's head office to evaluate our school and staff. We administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Cognitive Abilities Test to monitor our students' national rankings. We consistently score well above the national standards for each grade.
- Let us at The Washington New Church School combine proven academic excellence with moral and spiritual values to help your child develop into a happy and successful adult.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bowie Grades: K-8 | 262 students
7210 Race Track Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
(301) 262-0158 4.9 K-8
WNCS is in the business of educating children, both academically and spiritually. And they do an amazing job of it! From the small class sizes to the engaging and caring faculty, I can`t imagine a more nurturing environment for young minds.
- Posted by Parent - AGH
My son started WNCS in 1st grade. We left public school (Woodmore Elem) and have not looked back. Public school classrooms are sooo overcrowded and kids needing extra attention don't often get it. My son's classes have NEVER had more than 11 students with most of the time averaging about 9 students. He's a much happier kid--not dreading Mondays anymore. The school has more of a family feel to it. My son is learning to do things that he probably otherwise never would have even attempted. WNCS was the definitely the right choice for us! Highly recommend anyone considering a change to check it out!
- Posted by Parent - cward
All of my 6 children have attended WNCS and I still currently have 3 children in the school. I love the small, caring, safe and nurturing environment where the teachers really know and care about each child and make sure that each student strives to reach their full potential.
- Posted by Parent - Ahernandez
My son started kindergarten this school year and I have been very impressed with the curriculum and the level of engagement that all staff provide to the students. The class sizes are small so the teacher is really able to teach and personalize her lesson plans. Each day I drop my son off, I know that he is in a safe, nurturing environment. WNCS was the best choice for my child!
- Posted by Parent - jcoby
Two of my kids go to this school and are very happy. They get lots of individual attention and it's great to see them succeed academically. I like the family feeling and spiritual foundations. Favorite moments include seeing older kids looking out for younger kids. Thanks WNCS!
- Posted by Parent - becca
All of my children attended WNCS and many of my grandchildren attend today. Great loving, caring, Christian environment paired with top notch academics.
- Posted by Parent - ycowl
Excellent school! Caring and hard working teachers. Wonderful curriculum and amazing staff. They are hosting an open house on February 15th at 7pm. Go check it out!
- Posted by Parent - whale
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.