Washington New Church School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Our mission is to provide a place where children can be instructed academically, morally and spiritually, thus educating the whole child in the sphere and context of the Lord`s Word.
- We strive to work closely with parents and friends of the Washington New Church to help each child grow to achieve his or her personal potential.
- Our unique understanding of the Bible and spiritual life is our platform for achieving this, and we have a history of outstanding results, including standardized testing scores far above national averages.
- We welcome interested families to learn about our New Church beliefs which are the foundation of the educational philosophy and atmosphere of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo and fleece w/logo, black or khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Johns|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Cowley|
- The School offers a comprehensive curriculum from Junior Kindergarten through Tenth Grade. In addition to the standard academic courses we also teach: Religious studies, visual and performance arts, computer technology, languages, music, and physical education. Our forty years of academic experience has shown that our multi-grade classrooms and family atmosphere have given our students the tools they need to perform at a very high level both in our school and in others to which they may transfer.
- In order to ensure that our New Church School Curriculum incorporates national standards and current methods we invite Master Teachers from our organization's head office to evaluate our school and staff. We administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Cognitive Abilities Test to monitor our students' national rankings. We consistently score well above the national standards for each grade.
- Let us at The Washington New Church School combine proven academic excellence with moral and spiritual values to help your child develop into a happy and successful adult.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
- BowieGrades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 796
Bowie, MD 20718
- BowieGrades: K-8 | 295 students
7210 Race Track Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
- BowieGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
5004 Randonstone Lane
Bowie, MD 20715
- Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
My son started kindergarten this school year and I have been very impressed with the curriculum and the level of engagement that all staff provide to the students. The class sizes are small so the teacher is really able to teach and personalize her lesson plans. Each day I drop my son off, I know that he is in a safe, nurturing environment. WNCS was the best choice for my child!
- Posted by Parent - jcoby
Two of my kids go to this school and are very happy. They get lots of individual attention and it's great to see them succeed academically. I like the family feeling and spiritual foundations. Favorite moments include seeing older kids looking out for younger kids. Thanks WNCS!
- Posted by Parent - becca
All of my children attended WNCS and many of my grandchildren attend today. Great loving, caring, Christian environment paired with top notch academics.
- Posted by Parent - ycowl
Excellent school! Caring and hard working teachers. Wonderful curriculum and amazing staff. They are hosting an open house on February 15th at 7pm. Go check it out!
- Posted by Parent - whale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.